1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need some help

Discussion in 'PS2' started by laser_204, Dec 25, 2003.

1. laser_204

laser_204 Member

ok guys my ps2 is modded i was backing up games on a cd-r.but now i have a dvd burner(liteon 411).ive burned 5 games and none of them work.4 on dvd-r and 1 on dvd+r.the game im trying to burn is gta vicecity.i used dvd decrypter,didnt work.im burning with nero that didnt work.i used clonedvd and that didnt work.i found some post up how to burn with nero.i did it that way and nothing.i cant make a 1:1 copy cuz that dont work either.i know my ps2 works cuz i loaded one of my games on a cd-r and it loaded.and im useing the game shark.could someone please help me out,thanks alot.

2. stunn611

stunn611 Regular member

[bold] we need to kno what mod chip u have, what media u usin, and what versoin is your ps2 in order to help u out. right now all i can suggest is try to use record now to burn your games.

3. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

are you having problems with the burn? are you having problems with booting your backup? is the orignal dvd game you are using to swap with a biger toc than gta vice? are you using the correct method to boot dvdr backups as its different to cdr backups. Have a read of this thread http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/15105 it has useful backup instructions and various booting methods _X_X_X_X_X_[small]cd loader for the v7+ ps2 http://www.geocities.com/jayteemaster2003/
    cd loader for v1-6 ps2 http://www.tidusx.cjb.net/[/small]

Last edited: Dec 25, 2003
  4. laser_204

laser_204 Member

devil.thanks for the reply.my ps2 is a v1.0 the chip im not sure what brand i got.i got if from gamegizmo and its a 9 wire solder chip.and the problem is not burning i cant get the games to boot.when i load the gameshark first i start game then without codes then the next screen ask for the the disk when i put it in and hit x it just stops.im burning the games on tdk 2x 4.7.and vice city is smaller 4.3.and i did check out the link that you posted before i put up my post.

5. laser_204

laser_204 Member

ok devil i got the game to work.my qusetion now is how do i get it to boot without the original.when i go into the games shark i start the game then goto without codes hit x and nothing.i do have gtavicecity in the game shark list and it says 1 code actvie but the game will not load.

6. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

to be honest im not that good using game shark as i use swap magic myself but hopefully some one else who uses game shark will jump in now to help you refine your boot process

7. laser_204

laser_204 Member

well thanks for all your help devil.i been trying everything with booting the game now but still nothing.if i go through the steps and add the codes from the orginial then it works,but if i try it with just the copy it wont load i just dont understand.well thanks again.

8. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

9. laser_204

laser_204 Member

devil is there a way around this,to get the game to boot without the original.thats kinda a pain in the ***.i been doing alot of reading about the fliptop and swap magic.but im not too sure about that.i mean my ps2 is modded so why change it.and from what i gather from your last post your saying i cant load a backup unless i have the original to load first (right).wich is not the problem.the problem is loading 3 cd's.

10. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

you see your gameshark is only a cd so to get it to boot dvd backups it needs to be swaped with a orignal dvd ps2 game(dosn't have to be the same game but needs to be at least the same file size or bigger as your basicly using the boot sector of the dvd ps2 orignal game to boot your backup)and i would think you could just use the swap magic disc's with your swap chip instead of the gameshark(no need for fliptop) but not 100% on this

11. laser_204

laser_204 Member

ok thanks alot devil you have been alot of help.i will check out the swap magic and see if that works.