1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need some help

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by robzepp, Mar 10, 2005.

1. robzepp

robzepp Guest

After I burn a dvd in my nec 3520 burner the dvd wont read in the burner.....it will read in any other drive i put the dvd in....can anyone explain or help

2. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

we need a lot more to go on than just that....

Rich

3. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Let's have a look at the forum rules - you posted this question three times which is a no no ;)

4. robzepp

robzepp Guest

very sorry about the rules....I will not do that again.

As far as my problem...I am using dvd shrink and dvd decrypter to burn my movies. After burning them the dvd will read in any other disk drive or dvd player. However it will not read in the burner in which it was burned in. The drive that I am using is an internal nec 3520 dvd +-RW 16x dual layer drive in a bytecc external cage. Please let me know what if any the problem is. Thank you for your help and again I am sorry about the multi post.

5. Nephilim

Surprisingly it's not uncommon for a drive to fail reading a disc it burned. Have you tried updating your drive to the latest firmware? What all media have you tried so far? What speed are you burning at?

6. robzepp

robzepp Guest

I cant seem to find the latest firmware....maybe you could help me in that matter....I am running windows xp service pack 2....the media that I am using is Ridata 8X DVD-R and the speed that I am burning at is between 4X and 8X....dvd decrypter is set for max speed but it seems to prefer 3.9X to 4.1X.

7. Nephilim

I couldn't find any updated firmwares either so unfortunately it's just a matter of time till one is released. You may want to try different types of media in the meantime - maybe a change will solve the problem.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2005
  8. robzepp

robzepp Guest

thank you for your help....I am waiting for an updated firmware to come out...it also does not seem to matter which media I use...thanx again for your help

9. Nephilim

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

10. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

robzepp

Try Sony Media DVD-/+R 8X which you can purchase at either a CompUSA or Staples store if you live in the US. They are preferred media for your NEC 3520 which is the same chip in my burner. If you have a problem with either of those, it is a problem with your burner for sure. What is the firmware # that you have in your burner now?

11. robzepp

robzepp Guest

well I am not sure of the firmware number in my burner but I do have the latest firmware in laptop....I have checked with HP and they said that there is not a new one available yet...as far as the media I am using Ridata DVD-R 8X....if you could tell me how to check the firmware number in my burner I will let you know...thanx for you help

12. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

http://www.dvdinfopro.com/

This link is for a freeware program called DVDinfoPro. Once loaded it will allow you to view many things about media and also your drives, including their latest firmware.