1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need some Help

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Homebrew software' started by Valiente, Jun 2, 2007.

1. Valiente

Valiente Guest

I was upgrading my psp from 1.50 to 3.03 E0-A and i was doing exactly what had to be done. Then by dog started barking and i went to go check up on him and i didnt notice the psp was still connected to the computer via usb. I sort of tripped and the psp crashed onto the floor while it was upgrading. I can boot it, i see the green light and everything stays on for a long time so i dont think its bricked, but i get a black screen cant do much after that. Any help would be appreciated.

2. drakex

drakex Regular member

It might not be bricked but if the PSP suffered damage, might be that it will need a good spare part to get it fixed, I will advise take it to a game shop and have them check it, explain what happened, cause certainly it might not be bricked but the damage done by the crash could have crashed your system.

3. mrmcman

mrmcman Guest

if the psp turns on, but there is a black screen, it is a brick. u sound like the firmware didnt finish writing, thus there is no firmware.
    u have 3 options:
    1. buy a new motherboard
    2. buy a modchip
    3. buy a new psp

since u were updating to a custom firmware, i would try and boot into recovery mode (turn all the way off, hold R on boot)

4. Valiente

Valiente Guest

I tried holding R down and try recovery mode, no luck. I think im gonna send it back to sony and try and get a replacement. Anyone know some details on how long itll take and anything else? If anyone can help me on that and how to get the replacement to be exactly the same as the one i bricked? Do i include like some sort of little sheet of paper telling them the psp details like the letter in the back of the box or? thanks

5. navyfreak

navyfreak Member

dang it that happened to me to if i have a warranty will they replace it?

6. mrmcman

mrmcman Guest

yes, they will send u somebody elses refurbished psp with 2.71 firmware. the only sheet of paper u need to send them is a $100 dollar bill and the warranty page.

7. Valiente

Valiente Guest

Warranty page? I called an hour or so ago and all they told me was to send the unit the ac adapter and all the info like serial number and some other data. Hopefully i can get ship it out and recieve it in like 2 weeks or maybe 15 business days.

8. mrmcman

mrmcman Guest

u should get it in a week or less

9. Valiente

Valiente Guest

Okay thanks mrmcman and drakex you guys helped me a whole bunch. Help like that really makes this website useful