1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need some opinions

Discussion in 'PS2' started by account, Feb 2, 2004.

1. account

account Guest

moderators if you see this please do not move this thread i know it's in the wrong place but this is the only part of the board that i go to.

ok im about to upgrade my pc but im clueless on what to get. what i would like my pc to do is beable to play really good graphic games like halo and some other really high quality games for the pc.

i have a 60gb hard drive, dvd/cd burners, intel pentium 3, 902 mhz, 256 mb of ram, i also have an extremly shitty graphics card right now i can't even play n64 emulators it can barly play snes emulators lol.

i would like to know what i need to upgrade and how much each thing would be. and if there is something else that you need to know just tell me how to get the info on it and i'll get it.

i have tried searching and found no answer so please help me.

2. Ender88

Ender88 Regular member

Who cares if this is the only section you post in? Isn't the whole point to get the most replies possible? I dunno, maybe I'm missing your point.

3. tokthadon

tokthadon Member

I'd just find a new computer, depending on how much you wanna spend. eMachines gives you some good stuff for not too much money.

4. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

well for starters you need a better CPU power get yourself pentium 4 2.6GHz is pretty cheap

a new mobo try via or abit mother boards...

now a new GFX you should defently get yourself a card that i got Ati 9800XT 256MB if thats to rich for you you can always get the ati 9500/9700 128mb

a new DDR should added aswell try the twin mos DDR 3200 atleast 512mb is fine or the 2100 DDR they are quite something

you can keep the rest even the sound card.. and the hdd but keep in mind that you need to reinstall the windows when upgrading..

thats all...

5. the_scum1

the_scum1 Regular member

I'm with tokthadon it might be cheaper to just get a new pc with an athalon or P4. You can still swap your dvd burner over to it. I mean by the time you buy all the upgrades you need the price builds pretty quick. You will need a new Motherboard+cpu at least 150$
    A new video card about 99$ (I got the ati 9600 128mb)
    then depending on your power supply you might need a new one of those with a case about 100 or so $
    More ram 512mb should be fine another 100 bucks. As you can see it adds up. You might could just get the ati video card but I'm not sure that would be enough. The ati 9600 comes with freehalf life 2 though so it's a good deal and if it does not do enough you can always take it back :)