1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need some PSP help

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by Spyder22, Apr 20, 2007.

1. Spyder22

Spyder22 Regular member

I have a psp with 2.60 firmware and a TA-082 board.

I need to upgrade to 2.71 so i can downgrade to 1.5 then install the latest custom firmware.

Can someone point me in the direction of a good guide(s) that will explain how to do all this stuff.

Im aware of the files/software i need im just not shure what im supposed to do with them.

thanks for any help

2. chanman1

chanman1 Regular member

3. Spyder22

Spyder22 Regular member

thanks for the link. i know u guys get sick of noob questions but my olny internet acess is on my pocket pc. its not as fun spendin hours sifting through info. on a 5in screen as compared to a desktop. thanks again.

4. Spyder22

Spyder22 Regular member

call me a noob and flame me for it to but i want to be on the safe side here. i have heard some horror stories about downgrading.

is this the guide iweed to use. (assuming that i can figure out how to get my 2.60 to a 2.71)

2.71 PSP (TA-82 or TA-86)
    Files needed for 2.71 PSP
    TA-082 2.71 Downgrade Files
    Official FW1.50 Update Eboot
    1. Open the 2.71 TA-82 or higher downloaded files and extract all files to the root (topmost folder) of the memory stick.
    2.Copy over the 1.5 update eboot renamed to UPDATE.PBP into ms0:\PSP\GAME\UPDATE\
    3. Now exit to your PSP and run HEN D by going to the photo menu and entering the HEN D folder.
    Note: For the next few steps make sure your battery is charged to at least 75% and your charger plugged in.
    4. Go to the GAME menu and and run 1.50enabler.
    Read: The 1.5 enabler will tell you if you can run 1.5 or not. If it says you cannot press X to alter keys, don't continue till it says your settings will run 1.5
    5. When the program exits back to the XMB run UPDATE X.YZ.
    6. When your PSP has finished downgrading press X to restart your PSP.
    7. When you turn your PSP on there will be a blue screen, Press O.
    8. Enjoy the new v1.5 PSP!

Last edited: Apr 20, 2007
  5. chanman1

chanman1 Regular member

well this is for a TA-82 or TA-86 motherboard version psp. to check if u have one, look at the top of the guide

if u don't have a TA-82 or TA-86 psp, use the generic downgrader for 2.71, it should be the guide below this one