1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need some simple advice - Slimline - swap magic

Discussion in 'PS2' started by jamieuk, Dec 30, 2004.

1. jamieuk

jamieuk Guest

HI I am a little confused with what exactly I need to buy regards to the swap magic cd software.

I have bought a new PS2 slimline.

few ???s

1 will I need to buy a mod chip to run the swap magic software ?

2 which version of swap magic will I need to buy ?

3 do I need to buy the flip top lid or this slide lid thing ? to run with my slimline PS2

4 Is there any way of getting swap magic installed with out a mod chip + not voiding my warranty ?

5 Is swap magic very popular with most hardcore users of the PS2 ?

thanks to any 1 who helps me out !

cheers !

2. Gazcoigne

Gazcoigne Regular member

1. no

2. 3.3 pal

3. you will need to use a ghosting device to fool the new fliptop pstwo that you are changing discs loads available try www.techwizad.com. you can also get a replacemet lid see www.linker4u.com

4. you can use the ghosting device without voiding your warranty but you have to snap a small piece off your lid. the replacement lid voids your warranty coz u have to take the original cover off

5. Yes best solution to play backups. no modchip putting strain on the ps2. ps2 simply fooled by manipulating boot sequence, ie all software no hardware

you're welcome

Gaz

3. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

If you don't want to go the ghosting route. You could just open up your ps2 and tape down the 2 internal switches. It's simple, all you need is some tape, and you don't have to void your warranty if you're careful. Also, it works good, mine's been taped for over a month and a half and I haven't needed to mess with it since.

4. Gazcoigne

Gazcoigne Regular member

i think the clip is a bit easier than havin to open the ps2 and use sellotape. easier to remove as well

ive heard of a lot of ppl tapin the toggleswitches than the ps2 dyin coz it knows wot u r doin, but i think its just down to a bad batch of ps2's.

i think the replacement lid is the best option.

5. jamieuk

jamieuk Guest

thanks for all your advice guys !!

I for got to mention that I would be looking to buy the USB loader when it is finally released so I can store PS2 games on a extrnal hard drive.

noing that I will be buying this in the future is it still recomended to go for the swap magic ?? or am I forced to buy a mod chip so the USB hard drive will work ??

cheers all !

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2004
  6. Gazcoigne

Gazcoigne Regular member

DEFINATELY it means you can put backups on HD without HD advance 2.0

and it lets you boot home brew applications like cd2mem etc