1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need someones help, please.....yes, I can't play an avi

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by collodian, May 6, 2007.

1. collodian

collodian Member

The avi files that I'm having a problem with are 700 meg and include "hdtv" in the title. The videos appear and play well except for about 20% of the rightmost portion of the screen. The image is filled over with kind of a pink and grey mesh. The rest of the screen looks great and plays great, including the audio. I've tried it with about 5 different video players, with the same result each time, if it plays in that player.

So I run it through GSpot and it seems to think I've got the right codec(s) for the file. It will even play just fine in GSpot's little preview pane, without any covered over area.

So if I've got the right codec, and GSpot can preview it just fine, then how come I can't get a player that will show the whole screen?

I'm not a braniac and don't know that much about videos and codecs, so I came here hoping I could ask smarter people than I am. Anybody got any idea what's wrong here?

2. tripplite

tripplite Guest

just a guess try converting them to another format, lower the qualities of the vid , this is a tough one...

(what is the quality of the video)?

Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2007
  3. tripplite

tripplite Guest

it might be a codec problem, go to www.free-codec.com and get a pack there, try look at there help area, they are good with video so i'm sure you'll find a player, codec or solution there

4. collodian

collodian Member

Ummm.....960X540. Is that what you were looking for?

No point in converting them to a lesser quality format, I can get lower quality files if that's what I want. The reason I want to play these files is because the resolution is so good. At least, the part of the screen that shows up is good.

5. andreww00

andreww00 Member

if u need i have solution to all of problem