1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need something cleared up (HD Adavnce)

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by Kojima, Oct 26, 2004.

1. Kojima

Kojima Member

I have a V9 PS2 with a Magic V modchip. I had been running a CD-R version of HDLoader, which was no problem, but the modchip died on me recently.

I don't feel like installing a new mod chip, so I'm thinking about just buying a legit copy of HD Advance. I know I can't load backups to the PS2 straight without a mod or swap routine, but can I load backups to PS2 HDD through the PC,using a program like WinHiip, and play the games without any kind of swap.

Basically I want to connect the HDD to the PC, load backups, reconnect to the PS2, put the HDAdvance disc in and play the games. Is it possible?

2. Kojima

Kojima Member

i just wanna know so I can go ahead and purchase it. I'm not interested in flip tops, swap magic..etc

just a yes/no will suffice :)

3. Daggy-G

Daggy-G Regular member

The answer is yes, I dont know too much about it but i've seen 100 ppl on this forum talkin about formatting hd with winhip & throwing games on it & puting it in the ps2 after

4. Kojima

Kojima Member

thx

yeah I checked many other topics, but never saw a clear cut answer, because most people are running a cracked version, or the MC exploit.

5. airric00

airric00 Member

It's easy get HD advance, and a copy of pc handiness. Anyone can do it its that easy. Back up your copys with dvd decryptor to iso and then use pc handiness to transfer to the ps2 hd. You will first have to format the drive with The HD advance disc. But a IDE cord that supports 2 hard drives so you can just attach it when your downloading your files..

Hope that helps...