1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need step by step instruction on how to create a svcd from my mpeg on a cd-r

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by Pagehim, Jun 24, 2003.

1. Pagehim

Pagehim Member

i have converted several files i got off the internet into mpeg. i am burning them on cd-rw but they will not play on my stand alone player. i can't get them to play on my pc. when i burn them as a data file i can play them on my pc. what have i create and why i can't burn them to play on my home dvd player. i used nero software to burn then i switch to recordnow with the same result.How can i burn a successful svcd using my existing files.___X_X_X_X_X_[small]clifwillno[/small]

Last edited: Jun 24, 2003
  2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Well can your dvd player support svcd?? Also to make it play on your computer, in WinDVD, click the open button and open the avseq01.dat file in the mpeg2 folder!

3. DMW

DMW Regular member

yeah also does your player support cdrw. my old player never used to so i upgraded and it works fine now. my new player is sweeeet, it plays everything and looks great, anyway, im going off subject, my point was (not how much i love my player lol ) just check yours supports cdrw. your pc should play it in powerdvd, or as dela says, you can simply open the dat file to play it.
    hope it helps

4. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Ye i usually dont forget to ask what media was used and is it supported, thnx for clearing that DMW!