1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need suggestions for PSP

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by l2aw, Jun 25, 2007.

1. l2aw

l2aw Member

Alright. So I have devhook installed. DevHook 0.51 fw 3.0x . And I was deleting an ISO game, to make room for another one.

Accidently, I deleted a file called ! XMB BOOT (DO NOT DELETE) !.cso

And now my games won't start. I can't restore the deleted file. And I've searched google for an hour now and I cannot find it.

Any help?

2. l2aw

l2aw Member

anyone? =(

3. glenquag

glenquag Regular member

Give people some time to reply we are here on our free time.. Anyways, you should just get custom firmware. It's 500 times better than devhook. I'm using 3.40OE-A, you should get it.

4. l2aw

l2aw Member

Really? Will it be able to play all my backed up games? Because I'm kinda scared to install something I won't be able to go back from, considering all the threads I see.

Plus I'm a person who'd rip his games and put them on the HD rather than carrying discs around with me.

And my PSP system software = 1.50

5. l2aw

l2aw Member

I have totally no idea which version to install. What's old, what's new. And I've looked in some threads but they're not accurate about what I'm wanting to know

So if anyone would know which versions to suggest. Or even linking me to a thread or something would be more than great.

6. MidnightJ

MidnightJ Guest

Ignore thoughs threads. Devhook sucks compared to custom firmware. And you can go back to whatever firmware you like once you get a custom firmware so don't worry about that. So your at 1.50, install 3.40 OE-A from here. http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/500493

7. l2aw

l2aw Member

Thanks. Will post a reply once I have it installed

8. l2aw

l2aw Member

Yay!

It works.. I can play the games. Although I didn't format my memstick before installing 3.40 OE-A.

I got an error but then I realized I hadn't put a UMD in. And the game works fine. Can I play PS1 iso's aswell as latest PSP iso's?

Thanks a lot guys! :)

9. MidnightJ

MidnightJ Guest

You can play almost every PS1 EBOOT game, and any PSP ISO

10. l2aw

l2aw Member

Awesome. Now, to pimp up my PSP with new skins and etc

*hunts for threads on afterdawn*

11. MidnightJ

MidnightJ Guest