1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need To Access Files From Dead Xbox's Harddrive

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by analog56x, Feb 17, 2007.

1. analog56x

analog56x Member

Hi,

My xbox died (hit 190°F and cooked it) and i need to get all my files off it, and use the harddrive as a MSD (mass storage device) in my pc. the only thing is that i NEED the files that are on this xbox harddrive, and i dont have a working xbox anymore.

Stats:
    Xbox V1.6 (dead)
    Xecuter 2.6 CE (also dead)
    120gb harddrive

i tried using my brother's xbox (putting my modchip in his, and trying it) and it didnt work.

2. analog56x

analog56x Member

noone knows what to do?!

ive searched google and everything, and cant find any answers to anything about this.

3. steimy

steimy Active member

Are you sure the hard drive is not fried as well?
    without it working i can not really think of a way. I know hotswap tutorials show you how to put it into the PC and rebuilt the drive back to retail, but not sure if the program can back up your current information first. I would assume it can but you will have to read up on that one.

4. analog56x

analog56x Member

do you know where i can find that tutorial to do that?

im pretty sure the harddrive is fine (the top was alwys off on my xbox, and the harddrive always sat beside the xbox. when i hook the harddrive up to my computer, it says something about the harddrive, then "press F1 to continue"
    it does read the harddrive though, it gives me the information about it (it tells me what brand it is and what i have it hooked up to (slave/master))

5. steimy

steimy Active member