1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need to buy a NEW PS2 ! Any Suggestions Please

Discussion in 'PS2' started by peotoy, Sep 30, 2004.

1. peotoy

peotoy Member

Hi I'm a new member, I'm interesting in buying a new PS2, I checked some info on the net and read some forums, but I'm still undecided what I can buy. I've read that there are 10 versions of PS2, a lot of mods and installations that can be made..
    I need the PS2 to play, and Most Important to watch DVDs and DIVX. As a Home entertament all in 1 !

I have some questions please :-
    1)Which ver of PS2 is the best ?
    2)Best mod for copied games and DIVX ?
    3)Is it difficult to mod it myself, I'm not bad in soldering , but I need the diagram, where I canfind it please ?
    4)Any more ideas, that I have to consider before buying one ?

Thanks to all in advance !

2. nelswick

nelswick Regular member

actually there are 11 versions of PS2 and soon to be a 12th. i suggest you go to a store near you and pick up a new one since those are the best ones out. the best mod chips are the DMS3 and the Matrix infinity. i also heard about the DMS4 but i dont know much about it. if you are not 100 percent confident with your soldering skills, do not install it yourself. you can get a good install done by http://www.norcalmods.com. i ruined a version 7 console by trying to install my first chip even though i had alot of soldering experience. if you are looking for the diagram, go to the site of the chip.

Matrix Infinity:
    http://www.infinitymod.com/cgi-bin/matrix/site.pl?page=home

DMS3:
    http://www.dms3.com/cgi-bin/dms3/site.pl?page=home

_X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG][/small]

Last edited: Sep 30, 2004
  3. peotoy

peotoy Member

HI , nelswick .. thanks a lot for your help , I try to go and buy the ps2 next week , maybe the v10 , cause I read that the v11 has few space to inser the mod !Thanks also for those sites, I checked them and found interesting that dms3 is good cause its upgardable and about the matrix, that has the sleep mode and save life to the laser ... I have to read them more in details to choose the right one, cause I need it compatable with the PS2reality, I have some divx cds which I need to be able to see the on the ps2 !!
    Thanks a lot again , If you have more ideas , just send , they are welcomed , since im not that 100% yet !

4. nrk4594

nrk4594 Regular member

I recommend a v10 pre-modified with dms3 plus modchip from xmodd.

www.xmodd.com/dms3premod.htm

5. peotoy

peotoy Member

THANKS a lot for your help ! If I find some trouble I will massage !!

6. peotoy

peotoy Member

Hi all again .
    I bought the ps2 last week , Silver the model is (scph - 50004) ...

A qustion :-
    Is the dms4 pro compatable ??
    Does any body installed it yet , is it difficult to solder and is it that good ?
    Does any body knows a good site from were I can purchace it ( To Ship to MALTA ) ??

Thanks a lot

7. grundle

grundle Member

what chips will work with a New PSTWO scph-70003 ??

8. dvdps2

dvdps2 Regular member

I have couple ques. I'm looking to get a Premod with DMS3 in it from xmodd. Is xmodd a reliable place, on other forums it looks reliable. Also, how exactly do u update it. And when your booting the game, does it boot automatically? Should I get DMS 3 or DMS 4? What is the difference?