1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need to copy educational DVD. I am a teacher

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by mirkee, Apr 20, 2011.

1. mirkee

mirkee Member

I am a Spanish teacher and I have lost a DVD out of a set of 4 that came with our textbook package. Today I borrowed the DVD I needed from another teacher in the hope of being able to copy it. We teachers have special copyright privileges, within certain guidelines and as long as we are copying for use in the classroom. In any event, this is a DVD which the district paid for and I have just missplaced.

I used DVD FAB8, which has allowed me to copy movies before. This DVD that I need, however, includes 2 chapters in the book and all the info is "nested" in the DVD. In other words, I get an initial screen where I have to click on the chapter I need, then another screen pops up where I choose If I want to see a film clip talking about gramatical points or whether I want to see the short filmed story which introduces our chapter. I hope I'm not confusing anyone.

I am having no luck in copying this DVD disc. I get something like the initial screen on my copy, but no results when I click on what I want to do. The original DVD works just fine, it's the copy that is not working.

What information do you all need to help me through this problem, if possible.

Thanks in advance,

Mirkee

2. attar

attar Senior member

You ripped the entire disk to a folder using DVDFab?

Use FixVTS to ensure that any other leftover protection has been cleaned up.

If you have a decent media player (VLC or MPC) open the folder and see if you can get to the content - if it works, burn the disk..

If it fails, open the folder in DVD Shrink and try going through everything in the left pane to see if it's present.

If you can see the content, post at the VideoHelp site and request further assistance.

http://forum.videohelp.com/