1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need to find fuse...

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by alex70, Feb 19, 2007.

1. alex70

alex70 Member

2. Amir89

Amir89 Regular member

Fuse? Umm you must be mistaken motherboards don't have "fuses" as you say, fuses protect against overcurrents, bridging the fuses would mean you allow TOO MUCH current into your PSP and you would fry it.

Firstly, do you know how it was broken/did you brake it yourself.

Secondly if the device doesn't POWER UP AT ALL, then either the battery could be completely dead, or the PSP's power supply is damaged.

Either way it is bricked, your best bet instead of playing around with the PSP without knowing what your doing is to buy a new Mobo. (around $80)

See Ebay

3. alex70

alex70 Member

when i got the psp it did not power at all no green light, whether the battery was in/out, ac connected/disconnected?? that is why thought a fuse had fried itself from power surge or somethin..... and i heard someone on another forum having similar problem and they said they just bridged the fuse to get it to work....
    if the power supply is damaged do u have anyway of fixing that, visually the coard goin to the mobo looks ok, and i'm getting voltage (however possibly not enough voltage??)??

Last edited: Feb 19, 2007