1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need to kno what type of equipment needed to burn PS2 games

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Tim_vaj, May 31, 2007.

1. Tim_vaj

Tim_vaj Guest

Yo i jux heard bout this thing where the computer can burn PS2 game by doing something. Plus i need to kno wat type of equipment i will need to have to do that. Also one last thing do u hav to do something to your PS2 to play those games you burn.

2. steimy

steimy Active member

search the forums, all your answers are here
    basic needs:
    DVD burner
    DVD-R discs
    Swap Magic
    and one other mod which depends on which version PS2 you have.

3. Tim_vaj

Tim_vaj Guest

yo but u kno when u use swap magic u dont hav 2 use the mod chip anymore rite

4. OmriSama

OmriSama Regular member

5. steimy

steimy Active member

If i had a choice between a good mod chip and Swap Magic. I would choose the mod chip every time. I have used both (have a V7 with fliptop and swap magic and a V12 with DMS4 Pro mod chip).
    The mod chip is better in every way, it just costs more to get one installed.

6. Tim_vaj

Tim_vaj Guest

you but why is a mod chip better than a swap disc and wat does a mod do that a mod chip doesn't do

7. Z3120

Z3120 Regular member

A mod-chip has mere convenience along with its purchase compared to Swap Magic basically. The difference is astronomical depending how you look at it. I'm still a proud owner of the SM 3.8 coder disc set for my silver slim v15 PS2 I can easily take on the go without bringing my originals along for the ride so no worries about ruining my store bought games because of such and such happen at my friend's house. Anyway, the way it looks to me, a mod-chip simply does a lot of things Swap Magic can't do and what Swap Magic can do along with it. The investment is well worth if and when you think about it, the difference in cost isn't too much either depending on what you're going for. If you're a hardcore gamer and will be playing a lot of games, I suppose the task of swapping disc can grind and wear you out so a mod-chip would be beneficial; however, if you merely want to play import games like me from Japan, a Swap Magic is a very cheap alternative you can easily become content with because the most you want to do is play imports along with the bonus of preserving the conditions on your originals.

8. nakamura

nakamura Member

So what modchip do you suggest buying? If not a modchip, what thing like Swap Magic do you suggest? Oh, and mine's the chuckier version, but I don't know the exact version.

9. steimy

steimy Active member

your choices are:
    Swap Magic and a fliptop case lid
    or
    Crystal Chip V2.0, Matrix Infinity Green Dot, or DMS4 Pro SE mod chip

I prefer mod chips but it depends on the money you want to spend.

10. nakamura

nakamura Member

Er, could you post links or something, possibly? I live in the US, by the way, if it matters. I'm not very good with tech.