1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need to know how to burn .WMV files to VCD...

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by compwc18, Jan 4, 2004.

1. compwc18

compwc18 Member

I have many video files I have downloaded with the .wmv Extension and I was wondering if you guys could please let me know what program to use, so I can burn these to play in my DVD Player... Thank you very much. All help would be great.

Thank you

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well This can be tricky Because not many Encoders support the WMV Format very well..You can try Tmpgenc to encode them to VCD/Mpeg1 and then Burn those files to VCD useing something like Nero but it doesn"t allways work with WMV Files and if it doesn"t you might have better luck converting the WMV Files to AVI and then Converting the AVI"s to VCD/Mpeg1...Give Tmpgenc a try and if it don"t work Post back and we can go from there....

3. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well This can be tricky Because not many Encoders support the WMV Format very well..You can try Tmpgenc to encode them to VCD/Mpeg1 and then Burn those files to VCD useing something like Nero but it doesn"t allways work with WMV Files and if it doesn"t you might have better luck converting the WMV Files to AVI and then Converting the AVI"s to VCD/Mpeg1...Give Tmpgenc a try and if it don"t work Post back and we can go from there....