1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need to know how to use cddissect for xbox.

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by jayb222, Mar 12, 2005.

1. jayb222

jayb222 Member

I don't know what to hit in dos to start the cd extraction from the turbo graphix cds I've got. I never used dos before, I follow the directions and it says it's not the right command. Every post I've seen on cddissect just says how easy it is to use and nothing more. I just need a basic rundown of what to do. Please help!

2. BR7

BR7 Regular member

Version 1.1..

Put the game in your drive. Open a DOS prompt (WinXP, 2K.. click start -> run -> and type cmd), click enter. Then type cddissect gamename (ie.. cddissect NEUTOPIA)

Vrsion 1.2..

Same as above, but type cddissect -alt gamename. (ie.. cddissect -alt NEUTOPIA)

3. jayb222

jayb222 Member

ok, I'm using ver.1.2. I put in cddissect -alt dracx and here's what it says after I hit enter:

'cddissect' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

That's what it always says. Is there a command I'm supposed to put in before cddissect -alt dracx and how does it know which cd drive to look for the disc in?

Thanks in advance!

4. BR7

BR7 Regular member

I'd bet any ammount of money you are not in the correct directory when typing cddissect.

So, say you have cddissect in a folder on your desktop. We will say the folder is named xxxx so you can see what I am talking about.

when you first type cmd, your directory should be
    <C:\Documents and Settings\USER NAME>.. You need to navigate to where your cddissect is. So now, type "cd desktop" (without quotes), you now should be at <C:\Documents and Settings\USER NAME\desktop>. Lastly, type "cd xxxx" (without quotes) and you will be in <C:\Documents and Settings\USER NAME\desktop\xxxx>.. Follow me?

Now if you did all that, now you can type cddissect and will not get an "unrecognized command" error.

Also, make sure you have an ASPI layer installed... http://radified.com/ASPI/forceaspi.htm

That should do the trick :)

Last edited: Mar 23, 2005
  5. jayb222

jayb222 Member

That helped out!!! I installed the aspi drivers, I got the cue sheet and I got the iso. But for some reason it skipped over the mp3 conversion and just said error for those files. Any idea on how to fix that? I got the iso running and everything, just no music. Thanks!

6. BR7

BR7 Regular member

-cue : Only dump the cue sheet
    -audio : Only dump audio tracks
    -data : Only dump data tracks
    -mono : Force mono MP3 output (default is stereo)
    -br # : Select MP3 bitrate (default 128)
    (32,48,64,80,96,112,128,160,192,224,256,320)
    -rs # : Select MP3 resampling value ( default is 44100) 8000,11025,12000,16000,22050,24000,32000,44100,48000
    -q # : Select MP3 encoding quality (0=low,1=normal,2=high) (default is 1)
    -alt : If you don't have ASPI, use this to get the cue sheet.

Examples :

cddissect dracx
    - creates dracx.cue, dracx##.iso, and dracx##.mp3 files

cddissect -cue -audio dracx
    - creates dracx.cue and dracx##.mp3 files

cddissect -mono -br 32 -rs 22050 dracx
    - creates dracx.cue and dracx##.mp3 files
    - MP3 files are mono, 32kpbs, 22.05khz

7. jayb222

jayb222 Member

That's the way I was doing it. I guess I'll have to match mp3s with the cue sheet myself. Some sound effects a still wrong or gone completely but I'll do what I can and keep trying ways. Thanks BR7. This is the only clear tutorial on the net on how to really use this program. You should be proud you provided it!

Last edited: Mar 24, 2005