1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need to know if this is dvd burn protection or just error

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by MengusDew, Apr 12, 2007.

1. MengusDew

MengusDew Member

Two movies I've attempted to burn, one in iso form, and the other in dvd form on my hard drive currently, and they burned successful and play in my dvd player, but both of them when they start playing the screen immediately begins doing the vertical dance thing and is in black and white. The movie and menues function but the screen just keeps running through the bottom and coming back out the top. Is this burn error or copy protection, if it is copy protection, how do I copy the movies without this ruination?

2. MengusDew

MengusDew Member

Also i forgot to mention that I've used the latest Nero to burn these, and I've burned about a dozen other movies that work, in random formats, but every now and then a few will turn out like this and I don't wanna waste any more discs reattempting them without any knowledge of why.

3. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

this sounds like a media problem. Stick to the MIJ rule (Made in Japan). Only buy blank media that is MIJ. Look for the MIJ on the label of the box or spindle before you buy. Taiyo Yuden (they make their own and they are always MIJ!), Sony, Maxell, Fuji and others (check label) are some examples of MIJ disks. You can't go wrong with MIJs, they are the best media you can get. The only exception is Verbatim (they are made in Taiwan/Singapore) and are top notch media too. The MIJs and Verbatim disks are the most recognized by burners which makes them the easiest to burn because the burners have correct write strategies to burn these disks! So you will be getting the best burning possible out of your drives! So MIJs or Verbatim.

this could be you burning a PAL (Europe format) movie and you need a NTSC (USA & Asian format) or visa versa. Either case you would need to convert the movie to the correct format so this way you won't get this black and white thing that has the vertical dance thing! LOL

Sooooooo your burner is burning them correctly and it's not encryptions.... but may be your media or wrong regional coded movie or both!

Last edited: Apr 13, 2007
  4. MengusDew

MengusDew Member

I appreciate the advice, the discs are the only ones I've ever used, cuz I got a big stack of them, they are the Maxell DVD+RW single layer 2hr sp mode. My burner is the Dual layer dual format Sony External, and is almost brand new. I'll find out how to check the regional coding of my media and see if they are PAL or not, and if so try to find out how to convert, them I've seen several threads about it.