1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need triwing, can I get this at any ace hardware?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by willizm, Feb 10, 2007.

1. willizm

willizm Member

I just got my cyclowiz from modchipman and now need a triwing screwdriver to get into my wii. Does anyone know if any department stores carry these screwdrivers or kits that include the bit. I know I can get one at modchipman, but I would rather just pick it up at menards or something.

Thanks in advance.
    -Will

2. Kafluke

Kafluke Active member

couldn't find mine locally. Best bet is ebay. Thats where I got mine

3. oosel

oosel Regular member

I found mine at local hardware store. came is a security screwbit set cost $13.

4. willizm

willizm Member

Well, if anyone is interested I did end up finding a kit that would work at sears. here is the link Craftsman security bit set. I'm picking one up today as they are in stock at my local store. I will be returning it Monday.

5. oosel

oosel Regular member

just so you know thats the same one I got. It will not work in its present form! you have to cut the tip off the tri-wing bit and weld it to a old screwdriver that you cut the end off of.

The hex part of that bit is to BIG to fit into the WII. But I made mine work fine. I could post pictures but its really self explanitory.

I recomend a TIG welder!

6. tabletpc

tabletpc Guest

you relize you can just use a flat head little watch screwdriver thats how i took mine apart and i saved 9.99 for a screw driver but be carefull or you can distroy the screw driver i went throught 2 of these screw drivers when dis assembling my wii

7. willizm

willizm Member

Why did you bother to post that? Basically what you are saying is that instead of buying a $10 triwing you wasted $10 worth of watch screwdrivers to actually get your wii apart. I have read many places that those screws are easily stripable using a flathead and it's a bitch to get them out in the event that they get stripped. I am a person that believes that there you use the right tool for the right job. Not worth the risk bro.

8. azoozoo

azoozoo Member

i used the tiny flat screwdriver and it didnt break or anything, just be carful and go slow

9. Kafluke

Kafluke Active member

or you could spend 6 bucks on ebay plus a buck or two for shipping and not risk it. I'm with you Willizm.

Tablet you said not to waste 9.99 on a screwdriver and in the same breath said that you ruined two flat heads when taking your apart?

I only have one thing to say to that...

Ladies and gentlemen, our very own... Mr. TabletPC!