1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need up-to-date data clarification.

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by viparas, May 31, 2007.

1. viparas

viparas Member

Ok, today, following two different faqs on the www.psp-hacks.com forums and the PSP update forums, I've mananged to brick 2 PSP's. In one day. I suspect there is some issues with the data in the faqs not being up to date mixed with ignorance of subtle steps that the faqs did not cover well. Please, if anyone is willing help me clarify somethings before I brick more PSP's do.

*First off, both had the little IC1003 logo visible on the mother board that most forums denote as meaning that the mobo is TA-082, one was version 2.6, the other was version 2.71. I've read that there is another kind of motherboard that causes problems called TA-086, however I could not find any information on discerning wether the PSP that has the IC1003 visible is a TA-082 or a TA-086, in my case, I assumed that both were TA-O82's.

*Next, the capabilities of the TA-082 seem ambiguous to me. The PSP hack forums faq said that it can't be downgraded, the PSP updates FAQ didn't say anything about what it can and can't do, but explained how to emulate the 1.5 and 2.71 firmware off of the memory stick, and Dark Alex's site has a file in the the "downgrades and downdaters" section called "TA-082 Downgrader", which would make it seem that the TA-082 CAN in fact be downgraded.

*Specifically, the end goal of all this was to get the PSP's running Dark Alex's firmware 3.4 Oe so that the features of the newest firmware and the homebrew capabilities of 1.5 could all be used. Can PSP's with the TA-082 do this, and if so, what is the best/safest/sanest way to do this short of buying a mod chip.

If you can find the time to help a very confused individual/PSP-Bricker Extraordinaire, please do, and THANK YOU

-Please note that I am still new to this, have only set up one PSP successfully and did so very easily since it had a pre TA-082 mobo and merely consisted of running an update to 2.71 from 2.6, then a downdate from 2.71 to 1.5, then an update from 1.5 to 3.4 OE. My knowledge of the Homebrew Enabler software and DevHook are next to none. I only know that Hen seems to reset the PSP in a way that makes it friendly to homebrew software. Somehow. Again anyhelp is very welcome.

2. Ce_Yu_Pe

Ce_Yu_Pe Regular member

So are you downgrading from a 2.71 to 1.50?

3. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

update to official 3.03-and then there is a 3.03 downgrader that has the patch for the ta-082 mobo-you will also still need the unpatched GTA:LCS to do this..try psp-hacks.com for the downgrader..