1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need ur wisdom!

Discussion in 'PS2' started by cgpope, Mar 20, 2005.

1. cgpope

cgpope Member

hey, i have no idea bout these machines all i no is that u put the disc in and the magic bo works. Problem is that now the playstation2 won't read the disc, its been doing this for ages but things are getting worse. So i need ur help here to tell me what to do plus im an idiot so if u cud try to dumb it down cuz u guys no way more than me

2. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

So your ps2 is not able to read discs very well? It is most definitely your laser, as it is either going bad or needs to be realigned. Do you have trouble playing DVD based games and CD based games or just one of the two. Also, can it read DVD movies? Try to get your hands on a ps2 laser cleaning kit and try that on your ps2 first before you jump into anything (like realigning your laser).

If you are just having trouble reading CD based games (older games) then check out this site for realigning your laser, http://www.psxtune.com/psx2/specialse.html