1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need urgent help.The white tab broke!

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Pontius, Aug 13, 2004.

1. Pontius

Pontius Regular member

I was useing the slide card and pulled it to the left too hard and it broke off.Now anytime i try to put in a game the disc drive makes a horrible sound when it trys to open.And if i manage to get a disc into the drive it says no data on the screen.And i cant just glue the tab back on because i cant find it.HELP!

2. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

You're simply going to have to install a new replacement or at worst, an entire new DVD drive. Try here http://www.gameconsolerepair.com/ps2parts.html and verify that the part listed as "Replacement laser elevation guide arm assembly" is the part in question. You will also need to know your PS2 model # when ordering. Installation is moderately difficult for an individual with average mechanical skill.

3. Pontius

Pontius Regular member

I took the drive out and found the little white tab.Will glueing it back on work?

4. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

It might but it probably won't hold. The best way to fix it would be replacing.