1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Vegas 3.0 & Ulead DVD Workshop Answer

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by MikeInNM, Mar 4, 2003.

1. MikeInNM

MikeInNM Member

I have edited avi in Vegas and rendered as mpeg2 file. I would like to use this mpeg2 file in DVD Workshop to design a menu and burn to DVD.

Will Ulead DVD Workshop "re-render" the mpeg2 file or use the 1st generation file that Vegas created to burn the DVD?

Am concerned about a loss of quality if the Vegas created file is modified?

Any input would be appreciated.

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Good question because I cant figure out whats up with Ulead DVD Workshop! It sometimes insists that it needs to re-encode files that I know for a fact are already ok for what I'm creating. If I were you id just try anyway and see if it will ask for options on re-encoding, if it does, forget it!

3. MikeInNM

MikeInNM Member

Well these are my results. Vegas took 10/12 hours to render the 68 minute video to mpeg2 (don't know cuz' I went to bed). Resulting mpeg file was about 2.6 gig.

Menu design successful in Ulead DVD. When I went to burn the DVD I chose the DVD NTSC template.

On the template there is a checkbox that states "Do not alter compliant files" and I made sure that was chosen.

Got a warning message that "Mpeg Audio is not a standard NTSC DVD format".

I pulled up the DVD NTSC template and changed that to PCM.

Burned the disc, no errors, turned out excellent and took about 20 minutes to burn.

For what it's worth.

4. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Well its good that it works :)