1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Video Card PC Expert Help!

Discussion in 'Building a new PC' started by soufy, Apr 11, 2012.

1. soufy

soufy Member

Hello, all.

Like many of you, I am super excited for the release of Diablo 3 next month, but I really would like to actually be able to play it with my friends. Recently, I purchased a new computer, being an HP Pavilion (P7-1027C), and it is pretty strong in all categories except for a video card. My current video card will not be able to support Diablo 3 (according to canyourunthis?), and so, I need some advice.

I really don't want to shell out more than I need to, for I am more of a console gamer, but I really would like to spend money on something worthwhile and worth it. My price range is anywhere from 50-120 dollars, buy I preferrably would like not to spend more than 100. Of course, I also have to upgrade my crappy 250W power supply, so that's going to cost me even more. I'm not sure how it all works, are all power supplies compatible with all video cards? And I know that I have a PCI x16 slot on my motherboard, so that means I can only purchase x16 cards, right?

I've been searching online, and I've found a card and power supply that seem pretty good, but I need your input, and whether they would work together well, or at all, on my PC.

VIDEO CARD: http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=602046&CatId=7005

POWER SUPPLY: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139027

Also, can you guys please tell me FOR SURE if these types of video cards will work with my system; don't want to shell out money and find that it isn't compatible or something of that nature. Also, when I open my pc and look at the mobo, I clearly see a slot labelled PCIE x16, but many of these cards involve PCIE x 16 2.0? Are those still compatible even though their 2.0? Thanks for the clarification.

EDIT: PC SPECS

Memory Address 0xA0000-0xBFFFFIntel(R) HD Graphics Family

Memory Address 0xA0000-0xBFFFFPCI bus

OS NameMicrosoft Windows 7 Home Premium

Version6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601

Other OS Description Not Available

OS ManufacturerMicrosoft Corporation

System NameSOUFAN-HP

System ManufacturerHewlett-Packard

System Modelp7-1027c

System Typex64-based PC

ProcessorIntel(R) Core(TM) i3-2100 CPU @ 3.10GHz, 3100 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)

BIOS Version/DateAMI 7.13, 22/07/2011

SMBIOS Version2.6

Windows DirectoryC:Windows

Boot DeviceDeviceHarddiskVolume1

Time ZoneEastern Daylight Time

Installed Physical Memory (RAM)6.00 GB

Total Physical Memory5.91 GB

Available Physical Memory4.43 GB

Total Virtual Memory11.8 GB

Available Virtual Memory10.3 GB

Page File Space5.91 GB

Page FileC:pagefile.sys