1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Your Help To Stop Bush

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by john2, Oct 29, 2004.

1. john2

john2 Guest

Hey,
    I need your help...we started this free website http://www.freedocumentaries.org It has Fahrenheit 911, Control room, Up River: John Kerrys Long War, Deadline Iraq and other good movies.

ALL THE MOVIES CAN BE DOWNLOADED FOR FREE. There is only a few days before the election and the best way you can help is to email this to your friends and ask them to forward it to their friends. You could be responsible for educating some undecided voters. Its much more effective than arguing politics.

Besides your friends will thank you for the equivalent of 8 DVDs.

Please help us out.
    Thanks

2. The_OGS

The_OGS Active member

Election? Hmmmm...
    (Not in my country.)
    Mr. Bush's worst nightmare is a fellow named Eric Margolis
    http://www.canoe.ca/NewsStand/Columnists/Toronto/Eric_Margolis/home.html
    Good luck there, Americans, with your choice.
    Is it 'the devil you know'?
    Or, the 'lesser of 2 evils'?
    We shall see...
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]

ABIT AN7 nForce2 Ultra 400
    XP2500+ Barton @ 3200+
    2 x 512MB PC3200[/small]

Last edited: Oct 29, 2004
  3. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Kerry's just as big a schmuck as Bush.

4. Nephilim

Don't ever multipost again. All this crap should go in ONE post!

5. Billyfett

Billyfett Regular member

I have seen movies on both canidates and Kerry is just as slimey as Bush. If you think he is some great saviour, you have bought in to the Liberal BS.

Repbulicans want in order
    1 Money
    2 Votes

Democarts
    1 Votes
    2 Money

I want my own ass wiped by me and not the goverment.
    But the way the current political climate is now both party's wanna wipe it for my vote.

Bush panders to the right
    Kerry panders to who will ever vote for him
    Good Luck with your thread but the LAWYERS will decide this election for us.

By the way after watching all the propaganda from both sides I will vote for Bush.

6. Nephilim

I can't stand either one of them but ended up voting for Bush (early ballot) because Kerry's never met a piece of anti-gun legislation he hasn't liked. Bush let the ridiculous Clinton gun ban die whereas Kerry dearly wanted to keep it alive and will do even more to demonize law abiding gun owners if he gets elected. They both suck but Kerry sucked worse to me.

Neither party comes close to representing me. I'm a strong believer in the Second Amendment and gay marriage - show me a party that toes that line.

7. Billyfett

Billyfett Regular member

Like I said my vote is with Bush. If the Libertarian Party could actually win I would vote for them but the TWO PARTYS rule in the country.

I will vote for Bush because the Second Amendment is VERY important to Freedom. The funny thing about gun control is fully automatic weapons are illegal. I can not go get one because of this but a criminal can get one no problem.

Do liberals really think if all guns were illegal criminals could not get one.

As for Gay marriage I could care less. The only thing I can't stand is people trying to disguise agendas. Be straight and ask for what you want!

8. slmh1296

slmh1296 Guest

I cant believe politics have made it to this forum keep this crap to yourself or try other methods to promote this liberal crap i saw 911 i tink it actually showed some under lying positive things about bush and if you are smart enough you can see it through all the bull, but to closed mined pepole who dont draw thier own conclusions and only listen to the media and need source like 911 to make them feel important or a part of society so they can bitch with everybody else who is to to stupid to know any better go live in north china thier gov loves being able to control pepole by telling pepole what to do you will love it thier. dont bitch about our country you forget how good you have it. i dont believe if you fall in this group you pepole should not even vote because all you do is believe what is drilled into thier heads by morons and high dollar ads. what you dont think kerry has his own hidden agendas and michael moore wont make a movie in 4 years about him and use all the stuff he did to turn a buck. mr moore is just butt hurt because he did not have this idea when clinton was in office. sorry to all worthy users of this site but sometimes ignorant pepole get under my skin.

9. Nephilim

Thread moved to Safety Valve. I can see where this is going to go.

10. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

good call, Neph

11. cgram7

cgram7 Member

"John Kerry says the 'W' in George W. Bush stands for 'Wrong.' But he still can't explain what John Kerry stands for." —David Letterman

"Kerry scored many points with voters and pundits by finally putting to rest criticism that he's a flip-flopper. Kerry said, 'I have one position on Iraq: I'm forgainst it." --Amy Pohler, Saturday Night Live's "Weekend Update"

"Vice President Dick Cheney attacked John Kerry. He said that John Kerry 'lacks deeply held convictions.' Today Kerry shot back, he said, 'That's not completely true.'" —Jay Leno

http://www.swiftvets.com/
    LAST ONE I SWEAR

"Kerry insisted again Tuesday that he would not resign from the job that he has repeatedly refused to do." - NewsMax.com Inside Cover Story (June 23, 2004), Kerry Flops in Rare Appearance at Work - Presidential hopeful has 89% absentee rate in the Senate according to Boston Globe, some constituents and politicians in Massachusetts are beginning to grumble about Senater Slacker. In May 2004, Senate Democrats failed to extend jobless benefits, and Kerry was AWOL for that vote.

_X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG][/small]

Last edited: Oct 29, 2004
  12. Xian

Xian Regular member

I was hoping politics wasn't going to hit AfterDawn since it seems to be in every topic on the other boards I check daily - slashdot and fark. I will just be glad when it's over in a few days and I hope that this time it will be over the day after the election.

I don't like either canidate. I was for McCain in 2000 - a middle of the road choice. The Bush administration is too far to the right for my liking, and Kerry too far to the left.

I do not like the direction the country has headed during the present administration. US Citizens being held without trial or representation, free speech zones, the camp at Guantanamo, and many of the provisions of the Patriot Act to name a few. These were the things that I expected of Soviet Russia when I was growing up - not what I expected of America.

On a personal level, my salary is 2/3s of what it was 4 years ago though I was lucky to even be able to find a job after being laid off, my insurance costs are 250% greater, and a bill was passed and then signed by the president that will remove my overtime pay.

I have been registered a Republican since the first election that I voted in back in 1976, but I cannot in good conscience vote for the present administration even though I do not like the alternative. That would be like giving my stamp of approval for their actions of the past few years and that is something that I cannot do.

13. Billyfett

Billyfett Regular member

My suitation is quiet different. During the last four years my income has grown two fold. I have never been in a better finacial state. I grew up as a liberal, voted for Clinton twice. As I grew older I began to see the hypocrisy of the Left. I see your point on the leanings of Bush, but given the two choices, I can not give my vote to Kerry. If Leiberman was aganist Bush, the Democrats could have my vote. But we've got these two and Bush has got it.

14. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

I don't come here to discuss politics, and I'm not going to start now. I'd just like to point out to anyone who thinks this is a good place for their political activism that we have significant numbers of members from many different countries, and therefore it's not a particularly suitable place for discussing the politics of any particular country (with the possible exception of Finland since that's where AD is based).

I don't think I'm going out on a limb when I say that threads like this are likely to get shut down pretty quickly because they're almost guaranteed to start flamewars, and I will personally make a mission of banning people who want to use AD as a soapbox for issues that don't have anything to do with the subjects discussed in our forums. I'm not singling anyone out - just trying to point out what's likely to happen if you don't check your politics at the door.

15. Pop_Smith

Pop_Smith Regular member

lol, nice call Neph.

Here somethings to think about, 1) Kerry initals, JK, as in Just Kidding ;).

2) Kerry [bold]INJURED[/bold] himself when he was in the Vietnam war, doing so earned him [bold]not[/bold] one but, two[/bold] of his "purple hearts" :)

16. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

I agree with Nephilim I think they are both crooked as hell,same way goes to any politics.I think whoever is going to give the best kiss my ass wins my vote.I could careless about either one to be honest,but Kerry looks like Frankenstein doesn't he.Like I said though I could careless,since I am going to get screwed either way I go.

17. The_OGS

The_OGS Active member

This is Safety Valve, the proper place to have moved this thread, thanks Neph :)
    One little thread about politics (once every 4 years) is not a big threat to AD.
    It is very interesting to see reaction from other countries around the world, which I believe the Americans could use more feedback on, not less.
    They will shrug and say 'Who cares - it's our election'
    but this Mr. Bush has trashed the reputation of your country all over the planet.
    It is a fact; it's important whether you agree or not, to recognise that.
    50 years of Democrats would have trouble undoing the damage that has been done.
    Personally I love America and Americans! But your country has gone 'off the road' recently...
    And the whole world is watching.
    In the words of the great Neil Young
    You got the weight on your shoulders
    That's breaking your back,
    Your Cadillac has got a wheel in the ditch
    And a wheel on the track

If you can read world media (unbiased) like this
    http://www.canoe.ca/NewsStand/Columnists/Toronto/Eric_Margolis/2004/10/17/672730.html
    and then vote for Mr. Bush, well you asked for it!
    Hell, we Canucks can't complain - it's been great for our dollar...
    I just hope, whatever happens, that EVERYONE votes and that there is a clear winner this time, LoL :)

18. vsmith30

vsmith30 Member

Eric Margolis is "unbiased" and I'm the Tooth Fairy. I've got a bridge to sell you.

19. The_OGS

The_OGS Active member

Margolis is an American, and was an American Serviceman for many years, honorably discharged.
    He has come to the conclusion that the Bush administration is lost, and supports his assertions with a very good argument based on facts.
    If this indicates a 'bias' to you, so be it :)
    A patriotic American must support his President, whatever his decisions, because he is the President.
    He has been elected; if you don't like what's happening you must let him know 4 years down the road... until then you must support him. I understand that, it is loyalty and patriotism.
    But elsewhere, all around the world we are not encumbered with that liability.
    And guess what? It's now 4 years later...
    You can now get him out and still be a good American.
    Vote carefully - 4 more years is a long time.

20. Pop_Smith

Pop_Smith Regular member

Thats true, four years is a long time but, one thing, I now think (after reading several articles in my local paper.) that we are screwed no matter who we vote for :(