1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Needing help with TMPGenc and Virtualdub

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by Dr.Who, Feb 16, 2005.

1. rebootjim

rebootjim Active member

Not quite.
    You've got the encoding part for VIDEO only in tmpgenc. I gave you settings for audio as well, but tmpgenc may choke on it, or give you out of sync audio.
    If the audio is in sync, go ahead and author the streams created by tmpgenc.
    If the audio is NOT in sync, you must rip the audio from the original AVI, then transcode to AC3 and THEN author it, and burn.
    You will have to compile the project to your hard drive in your authoring application, and test it in a good player to see if it's in sync.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2005
  2. Dr.Who

Dr.Who Regular member

Ok, sounds good. Ill give this a shot tonight and see what happens.

Wish me luck - lol

If I get any errors or get stuck, you'll be the first to know. heheh

Thanks again

3. Dr.Who

Dr.Who Regular member

Well, this is new......

I downloaded Belight and tried to run it using the AC3 tab.

When I click on start I get an error.

belight.exe doesnt seems to be in the same belight folder

But thats weird, because the .exe file IS in the same folder. I made a shortcut to the desktop though before and used it that way and got the error, so I deleted the .exe off the desktop and used the .exe file in the belight folder, and I STILL get the error.

ARRGGHH!!! this is getting to frustrating. lol

4. Dr.Who

Dr.Who Regular member

Oh, if this helps, I didnt download the beta version. I downloaded the stable version

Last edited: Feb 24, 2005
  5. rebootjim

rebootjim Active member

Put Belight and Besweet in the same folder. You need them both for it to work. Besweet is a commandline program, Belight is the GUI for it.
    I use BeSweet v1.5b29, and Belight 0.21 (01-24-2005).

6. Dr.Who

Dr.Who Regular member

Hah. I was wondering what Besweet was all about. I went to several forums for help and kept noticing everyone talking about a Besweet program that you use with Belight, but figured Besweet was for some other means, so never bothered to install it.

Ok, thanks. Ill give this a shot later on.

7. Dr.Who

Dr.Who Regular member

Hmmm,

Still having a problem running Belight. I downloaded the same version of Besweet that you have and extracted all the files in the same folder as Belight is in and ran the belight.exe file again.

Program can up, but this time when I pressed start after setting the wav file to AC3, a black window flickers then goes away and the only result is a doc file that says the following......

BeSweet v1.5b29 by DSPguru.
    --------------------------
    Using Shibatch.dll v0.24 by Naoki Shibata & DSPguru (shibatch.sourceforge.net).
    Using AC3enc.dll v1.20 (Feb 18 2004) by Fabrice Bellard (http://ffmpeg.org).

Logging start : 02/27/05 , 22:28:22.

BeSweet.exe -core( -input E:\DVD movies\Finished DVD Movie\BEL audio.wav -output E:\DVD movies\Finished DVD Movie\audio finish\BEL audio.ac3 -logfile E:\DVD movies\Finished DVD Movie\BEL audio.log ) -azid( -c normal ) -ota( -hybridgain ) -ssrc( --rate 48000 ) -ac3enc( -b 320 -6ch )

[00:00:00:000] +------- BeSweet -----
    [00:00:00:000] | Input : E:\DVD movies\Finished DVD Movie\BEL audio.wav
    [00:00:00:000] | Output: E:\DVD movies\Finished DVD Movie\audio finish\BEL audio.ac3
    [00:00:00:000] | Floating-Point Process: No
    Error 39: Error creating output files : "E:\DVD movies\Finished DVD Movie\audio finish\BEL audio.ac3".
    Quiting...
    [00:00:00:000] Conversion Completed !

Logging ends : 02/27/05 , 22:28:22.

====================================================

Am I supposed to get some more files or plugins for Belight to actually work?

8. Dr.Who

Dr.Who Regular member

I think Im needing this GUI file from doom9, because apparently if I click on besweet.exe, it says a downloadable GUI file is needed for besweet, so Ill see if this does the trick.

9. Dr.Who

Dr.Who Regular member

Well, its still giving me the same result....

Am I supposed to click on belight.exe or besweet.exe???

Im guessing belight.exe, but nothing happens when I press start. Just this document gets created saying the same thing.

10. rebootjim

rebootjim Active member

Then forget belight/besweet. They can be flaky as you've found out.
    Get ffmpeggui and transcode audio in that. It's much easier, faster, and more reliable.
    Make sure you're transcoding the .wav you extracted, and not the original audio from the avi.

11. Dr.Who

Dr.Who Regular member

Ok, above where you say to go into TMPGenc and set my settings for my video file......

I dont seem to see that anywhere. Ive opened TMPGenc 3.0, dvd author, and source creater and cant seem to find that picture above that you pasted up in the forums.

Which TMPGenc application is it in???

12. Dr.Who

Dr.Who Regular member

Ok I think I found it. Its under plus 2.5, but I got 3.0 so I ran 2.5 instead.

Seems most of that screen though above that you showed me has most of it grayed out on my computer....

hhmmm

13. Dr.Who

Dr.Who Regular member

Ok I figured out where I had to go BUT.......

Above when you mentioned (to set video in TMPGenc)

======================================================
    On the Settings button, beside Rate Control Mode, set average bitrate to 5666kbps.

On the Advanced tab, set Source Aspect Ratio to 4:3 525line NTSC.
    Video Arrange Method: Keep aspect 2

On the Audio tab, set mpeg-1 Audio layer II.
    Sampling 48000hz. bitrate 224
    ====================================================

In the audio tab, everything was grayed out. Couldnt change nothing in this tab.

14. Dr.Who

Dr.Who Regular member

Yah I was unable to change anything under the audio tab. Its stuck on Liniar PCM. All grayed out.

Well, Im going to see if this works and run both final files through dvd author and see what happens.

Wish me luck......

15. Dr.Who

Dr.Who Regular member

When i click on next, it gives me an error saying

THE MOVIE IS TOO LONG TO OUTPUT. THE FILE CANNOT EXCEED 3 HOURS (180 MINS) IF AUDIO IS SET TO LINIAR PCM

Well, I know you mentioned to encode video only, but how do you do that? Theres nowhere that I notice where you can set it to just do video only.

And audio tab as I mentioned is grade out, so I cant change it from Liniar to somethin else.

ARRGGH!!!

16. rebootjim

rebootjim Active member

Click Load, and browse to the tmpgenc\template\extra folder. click on Unlock.mcf
    This will free up all your options, and you can now change anything you need, especially to mp2 audio.

17. Dr.Who

Dr.Who Regular member

Ok, I got another problem. I know Im nearing the finish line, but I think this may be my last obstacle.

After I converted the original AVI file (ES Video Only selected) in TMPGenc 2.5 to M2V...... (Audio is converted to AC3)

I opened up TMPGenc DVD Author like you mentioned at the last step to add video and audio files together, I tried to add the M2V Video file to Author and got the following error....

THE VIDEO RESOLUTION 640X272 CANNOT BE USED FOR A STANDARD DVD

Gives me some other video error as well.

I dont know what Im doing wrong now....

Im using TMPGenc 2.5 to try to convert the file over.

18. rebootjim

rebootjim Active member

If you got a 640X272 video from tmpgenc, you didn't set it up the way I showed.
    DVD resolution must be 720x480, even if you start with a widescreen avi, it will be letterboxed in tmpgenc.
    On the advanced tab, set the source as 1:1 (VGA) and video arrange method to "keep aspect ratio 2", then set tmpgenc's front page exactly the way I show in the picture.

19. Dr.Who

Dr.Who Regular member

Ok, Ill give this a try. I did exactly that, but the thing that irrates me, is everytime I open up TMPGenc 2.5, that stupid wizard comes up asking me what format to convert the avi to (ex. dvd pal, nhc, etc)

If I pick DVD pal, the black dot on the front page changes from ES (Video only) to Video/Audio, so it defaults to convert both the audio and video. I dont know why.

So I close out the pop up wizard screen that gets me to the screen I need to be on to change the settings in the advanced tab, video, etc.

Well, Im at work again, but tonight Ill try it again and see what happens.

20. rebootjim

rebootjim Active member

On the first screen of the wizard, take the tick mark OUT of the "enable this wizard on startup" box, lower left.
    Tmpgenc loads a default template when you use the wizard, which is why it selects audio/video.
    Don't use the wizard, and no more headaches.