1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Needing some serious help with Swap Magic!!!

Discussion in 'PS2 - CD backup discussion' started by mike9393, May 22, 2007.

1. mike9393

mike9393 Member

Hey! I have recently purchased "Swap Magic Plus", which I use along with the bulky version of the PS2 and the slide tool. I am trying to backup a game which is in CD format (not DVD!) called "Crash Bandicoot: the Wrath of Cortex". The program I use for this is called Magic Iso but I have also tried Nero and Alchohol 120%. I burned my disc at 2x.

So, here's where the trouble begins. I put the Swap Magic CD version in, then pull it out with the slide tool, then put my backup game in and push the disc tray shut and finally close it with the slide tool. But for some odd reason it just says "Not a valid PS2 game". I get no coloured borders or anything like that just the message. And I am certainly very puzzled and would like to know a few things:

1) Did I do something wrong?
    2) Do you need to use something like a special mod chip along with swap magic to get it working?
    3) Is Crash Bandicoot one of those games that just don't work at all? (I don't think this is the case as I tried puting in the proper version and it worked)

I've noticed that a lot of people are having trouble with Swap Magic. It's not a very user-friendly product at all, oh well. Ok thank you everyone if you reply!

2. Z3120

Z3120 Regular member

Could try making a multi-game disc compilation instead of burning Crash Bandicoot on a CD. Here if you're interested.