1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nemo Tricks Shrink?

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by nobbi1977, Nov 10, 2003.

1. nobbi1977

nobbi1977 Member

Just got Nemo Special Edition, the disks are set up in such away that the main title and extras are mixed up all over the disk in Shrink. chapters 1-30+ come in with the main movie so getting a good ratio for the film while keeping the menus is not possible?

I just reauthered the main feature on to a new disk but its still a bit of a pain

2. Bodene

Bodene Regular member

I also tried to backup an entire disc of Nemo. The result was horrible....it's the first I've burnt that was virtually unwatchable since I began this new hobby.

Nemo is an unusual movie. None of my computer software players will play the original discs on either of my DVD drives...period. I ended up running the movie only thru DVD2One, just to get a watchable copy. Once I did that, I was able to view it on my puter without any difficulty.

I'm wondering if Nemo has some new sort of encryption/scrambling thang embedded in it, and if anyone else has had an issue either playing it or backing it up.

3. nobbi1977

nobbi1977 Member

Thats a point i forgot, the second disk would not play on my computer

4. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

I recently helped out a friend who was having a problem with Finding Nemo. The solution for a movie only backup ended up being simple. I opened it in DVD Shrink 3 beta 5 and reauthored, keeping only the first Main Movie title. I'll try to get a hold of him today to see if he's watched the backup yet and get back to you guys on it.

Edit: I called him and he said the backup works great.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2003
  5. koola

koola Guest

DVD Shrink Re-author guide below.

6. vurbal

koola - That's a good guide, but it's not quite as simple as just a basic re-author. As nobbi1977 mentioned, there's over 30 titles listed for the main movie, so you have to remove all but the first one after you drag it to the re-author window. The other strange thing about the disc was that when DVD Shrink tried to compress the entire thing, the compression window said the disc was bigger than the main program window did.

7. hvsmcom

hvsmcom Member

Using DVDshrink 3.5 beta(?) I reauthored only the movie removing any extra's or bonus material not necessary. This created a file size around 2198 as I recall. Certainly it was less than 4.3GB. I then burned it with Nero.6

It worked great. The movie starts in widescreen & with subtitles but the meu's are available to select what aspect's you like. And it plays on my desktop, JVC & GoVideo standalone's.

I burned to FujiFilm DVD-r 4.7GB media.

Doc'
    HVSM.com

8. vurbal

The movie fits fine on a DVD-R, but some people start getting confused when there's more than 1 title listed under the main movie. In this case there's somthing like 32 titles there. It's not difficult, but if you've never seen it before it can be confusing.

9. hvsmcom

hvsmcom Member

In DVDshrink after reauthor was selected & the main movie file moved I just watched the video preview as I selected each file that opened under the Main movie. Then I & eliminated what I didn't want one by one. Only took a few minutes.

Worked great.

Doc'
    HVSM.com

10. vurbal

That's how I do it.

11. nobbi1977

nobbi1977 Member

i am not saying it is not easy to reauther i am sure most of us are capable of that. What i am saying is that if you wanted to keep the main title with compressed menus and extras shrink would make a mess of it as you can "drill down" on the main movie file to just compress one bit

12. ka6845702

ka6845702 Member

I made a backup copy of Finding Nemo with DVD X Copy Platinum 3.2.1.0,(SONY DRU-510A) and though the first disk was put on one disk there were still some blurrying hazy pixilation issues during some of the more intense action scenes when I played it back on a Toshiba SD-3950 ($100.00),as for the second disk using the Rescue on DVD X Copy Platinum since the advance feature after 2 tries kept coughing up error writing disk to blank, it was the same thing only more pronunced during the non animation: Making of Finding Nemo feature,there is alot material on disk 2 including a game you can play using your remote control.Even though I was able to make backup copies sucessfully there is considerable compromise on the quality,I havn't tried coying just the aquatic adventure
    alone but I'll let you know what happens. _X_X_X_X_X_[small]lydian[/small]

Last edited: Nov 12, 2003
  13. Colt45dupe

Colt45dupe Member

Nemo is my first & only burn to date. Used DVDSHRINK Beta 5 & Burned with Nero 5. Copied entire disk with all extras and even plays in my Playstation 2. I'm very impressed.

14. Samantha

Samantha Member

I let someone else do the hard work LOL

Here in Oz were a bit slow, so DVD's don't get released here for awhile after the movie has finished. So I bought a copy and copy from that copy, no probs, get the fish tank effect and all lol

15. nobbi1977

nobbi1977 Member

We are slow here in Uk too, i order from america with play.com

16. Mayor

Mayor Member

Guys,

I have noticed ALOT of the Disney movies are not that easy to back-up. I hate the 15 PREVIEWS included with every Disney DVD - so I usually like to remove them. I use CloneDVD with AnyDVD. But, there are times that if you remove certain chapters - the movie wont play.

I noticed this happens with the Chapters that are labeled NO AUDIO or are just black screens for 18 seconds or less.

Anyone else see this as well?

Mayor

17. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Hi Guys, Haven't tried Nemo yet but did notice the problem with animated Disney DVDs . This is when DVD shrink comes in handy like mentioned before. Just watch the preview window and take out the junk. Compression becomes a problem when you do a complete disk backup on dvds that have both versions of movie (wide-full) on the same side. Most are Dvd 9's. to get all that on a dvd 5 compresses the heck out of it and you get playback problems. Best to pick which version you want and do movie only copy. Jerry