1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NEO 2.2 boot probs

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Jonno69UK, Apr 22, 2004.

1. Jonno69UK

Jonno69UK Guest

I have a PS2 (model SCPH-30003) and AR2. I have been able to successfully boot all CDr's and DVDr's until recently. The last 3 DVDrs I have - the new 007, EA Fight Night 2004 & Triv Pursuit Unhinged will not boot. All 3 work on a freinds who has Messiah direct boot.

They start off as tho they will then just seem to freeze. All previously owned DVDr's still work (incl EA discs). Is this because of some new protection on disks, or something to do with the speed they are burned maybe ? Any help appreciated. Thanks

2. Mouth_uk

Mouth_uk Regular member

What branded media are you using to back up?

3. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

007 everything or nothing has double check and requires the use of cd loader to work with swap magic(and possibly with ar2 aswell)cant answer about the other 2 games because i dont own them so maybe your problem lies there

4. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

EA games usually have some sort of protection also that usually needs a patch. As for the other one it could also have a similar code?

5. Jonno69UK

Jonno69UK Guest

Thanks for the help.

I am using Datasafe Ritek A Grade 4x. I will look into the double swap method to see if that will work.

I have noted since that I have the US versions of the games and I have a Pal PS2, could anyone advise further if the Neo2.2 has a prob with this ?