1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Neo 2.2 , DVDR problems

Discussion in 'PS2' started by nofun, Nov 7, 2003.

1. nofun

nofun Member

Hi , i have a v4 , that im almost sure that´s with neo 2.2 , so i used all the methods described on this page for booting dvdr´s and the problem is:

While i have the reset pressed i can press eject as long and as many times i want that the tray wont open , i tried it 1000x times .

What may be the problem ?
    It isnt neo 2.2 ?
    My playstation 2 sucks ?=
    I suck ?

Please give me some pointers i really want to play the dvdr of final fantasy x that my friend gave me =]

2. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

neo 2.2 is bad!! belive me.. i had a deal with those... i had the chip for like 3 months then i found out the swap methods... with dvd-r and those triple swaps i gave up and replace it with a magic3.1.... now the deal with neo is there 2(two) kinds of neo... the one that boots dvd-r... and the kind that boots cd... neo2.2 can be used with gameshark/action replay to swap the dvd with the dvd-r... keep in mind that swaping may take some time and not work at first... but youll get a hang of it... be warned this may brake the ps2 and trash the lens.... neo can also be used with the swap magic dvd all you do is boot the ps2 with the swap magic dvd while holding reset then swap with your dvd-r backup then it should load... i cant really remmber if it's the right way but i think it SHOULD boot the game up... you might ask someone who has neo since i dont have neo my way may be wrong... but be my guest and try it maybe it will work for you ^_^

3. Cloner

Cloner Regular member

hi i have the same problem. In all the guides it says hold reset and when u release it the tray will open! well i doesnt with me it just carrys on doing whatever its doing, i think you have to have the eight wire neo instead of the five fire if not then get a dvd key there only fire wires too.

4. nag

nag Guest

what steps are you taking. Been using neo 2.2 for quite sometime with no dramas loading DVD backups.

5. b-roc

b-roc Member

I also have the same problem with my neo 2.2...I have a ver. 5 ps2 but the tray does not open...I am using gameshark v2.1 and loading it correctly.First making the dummy code. turning the ps2 off with gs inside. Holding on the reset button and at the first screen i would open the tray and take the gs out. Then i'd replace it with a regular dvd based game. wait 20 sec and select the dummy code both with and without codes and when the screen said activating code i'd release the reset button but it won't budge.
    I also tried looking for the white bar on the front of the ps2 to switch it with a plastic knife but i can't find it??
    My backup dvd game is burned on purple discs and works fine and my friends ps2

6. nag

nag Guest

been using the gameshark 2 (not too sure which version) and been kinda of following the steps indicated above. However b-roc, the issue with the tray not popping out after releasing the reset button could be your biggest problem. i can't remember the number of wires involved but the tray should definitely eject if properly installed. But should u manage to get the tray to open, the main trick in the swap technique is when your have to press x, wait for the tray to open, take out the original DVD and swap it with the backup. Firstly, make sure that your press x first then let go off the reset button ALMOST immediately. Don't wait too long otherwise it will just hang. Also, ensure that the original DVD used has a larger TOC than the backup being loaded.

7. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

It seems likely one/both of the situations below.

A) Probably wrong version of GS (1.9 & 2.0 work)

B) Probably Neo 2.0 or 1.0 (not really sure if this could be the problem)

I am leaning towards the GS as I have known by experience that older and newer versions won't allow the eject option.

8. b-roc

b-roc Member

I think that that may be it..The gameshark my friend has is around 1 but don't know the exact version..his ps2 is version 4 while mine is 5...I don't know if there is any difference with the neo 2.2 in both versions but i know that i have been using a big toc dvd game in grand theft auto 3...It could also be about the game because i'm trying to load up ea games madden 2004 and nba live 2004 burned on purple dvd-r....they work on my friends ps2 with no problem....i'll try borrowing his version of gameshark and let you know if the tray will pop out when i release the reset button...Just curious but if the button does not release..can i use the knife/cog method to load these games up???

9. labajue

labajue Member

ok people i have neo 2.2 chip as well with a v4 and i got my games to work eventually dont buy the ar 2 disk as they dont work with the neo 2.2 as i bought loads of the ar2 versions and couldnt get it to boot a backup only the older versions of ar work but i couldnt buy them any where so i bought the swap magic disks and it works fine but some games wont boot without cd loader so my advice is to buy the flip top cover for you com and it should work fine by the way my reset button works fine when i hold it in as i heard with the flip top cover you dont need to hold the reset button in hope ths helps you by the way my system is a pal ime from lovely england please dont pm me as i cant get my pm to work at moment

10. Cloner

Cloner Regular member

hi everyone i beleive i know the problem. For the tra to eject with neo 2.2 you MUST have the 8 wire install. Most people only have the five wire install which will not eject the tray. The ither 3 wires are really easy to add in tho.