1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Neo Cube, PS2 DVD Games & Movie Backup probs,

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by Kerippi, Dec 19, 2004.

1. Kerippi

Kerippi Member

I'm not sure if this topic has already been covered... I searched the site but could not find any info... I have a model 1 PS2, with a neo cube, dvd region x, unknown modchip, someone did it for me but i dont have a clue as to what it is, all i know is that it was opened and soldering had to be done... is there a way to find out what chip is in there? i've burnt backup PS2 DVD games but it won't play... do i have the wrong stuff? am i loading it wrong? i can play back up ps1 games, and back up ps2 cdr games... i just got a dvd +/- burner (pioneer) tried burning on both + & - disks but it won't play in the PS2, could someone please tell me what to do?

thanks so much!

2. hursty

hursty Active member

you probably have modded chip such as neo 2.2 if you have to use region X,in which case WILL NOT boot DVD backups,dont be fooled with the region x dvd,this will boot PS2 cdr formats and turn your ps2 into region free dvd player for movies,but thats it.you need to get messaih,matrix infinity fitted.you might want to try magicswap/slide card.although i am not sure this will work,now your ps2 has been tampered with.check this site out WWW.TECHWIZAD.COM