1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

neodivx vs. what you use... ? Opinions ?

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by masterjag, Mar 6, 2004.

1. masterjag

masterjag Member

neodivx is really easy to use compared with all the other softwares I can see in the guides, etc.
    So my question is : Why use something so complicated when neodivx is so simple ? Is it too old ? Is it good after all ?

2. Matador

Matador Regular member

I use The Core Media Player!!!!!!

3. masterjag

masterjag Member

Does it encode the video and sound on its own or do you have to go through the boring process of VirtualDub, etc. like some guides are showing ? Is it easy to use ?
    If you could give me a link to the software and/or a guide, it would be appreciated.
    Thanks

4. Matador

Matador Regular member

The funny thing is that I thought U were talking about media players..Cuz I remember there used to be a player called neodivx.lol.

But you mean encoders.Well I use XMPEG 5.03 @ http://www.mp3guest.com/Xmpeg_Index.asp?l=US

Yes it does encode video & sound alone.It's realy fast..But that just could be my system..Also looks great..
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Intel D875PBZ - P4 w/HT 3.0GHz 800MHz FSB 512KB Cache - 2GB DDR PC3200 - 760GBs [1x500GB - 1x160GB -1 x60GB +x40GB] - GeForce FX 5700 Ultra 128MB - Sony Dru-510a[/small]

Last edited: Mar 11, 2004
  5. masterjag

masterjag Member

Your system does look pretty good. And yes, I think that's the reason why it's so fast. I'll have a look at XMPEG 5.03
    I'm sure you've heard of Gordian Knot, what do you think of it ? What made you choose XMPEG over all the other softwares around. Of course, you'll have understood that I'm looking for something to do the job easily but efficiently and I'm SO lost...
    Later

6. Matador

Matador Regular member

Sry I didn't get back at you for a while.Im currently working hard, so that doesn't realy give me any time to read my emails..

Well I like the look and feel of Xmpeg.It's optimized for my P4 and it alouds you to encode to Vcd/Svcd. So it's all in one software. I just use Xmpeg cux I don't realy want to mess with other software..It's just familiar.....

Theirs no one software for every one...Thats a chouse you will have to make for ur self.

7. shiroh

shiroh Guest

using complicated encoding programme has it advantages, first you learn somthing of how the process work. then you can produce good video.

virtualdub is not complicated.
    avisynth is a little bit complicated at first.