1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Neofix XIV

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by prinn, May 21, 2007.

1. prinn

prinn Member

I have been trying to get this to work on my version 14 playstation 2 modded with DMS4 SE EZI Pro, but since soldering it on my lense has been acting funny. What I mean by funny is that the laser will not read, nor will it spin the disk. It tried taking off the laser fix which did not change anything; the laser's still f'ed up. I took out the whole laser whatchamacallit and put it into another v14a and it worked on that one. My questions are:
    a. Is Neofix XIV a good laser fix
    b. Can somebody point my in the direction of some good install diagrams.
    c. Is anybody else having this same problem.
    d. Is there anyway to fix what has been done to m laser other than replacement.

2. vcbc

vcbc Regular member

Neofix wasn't a good laser fix as i remember but nit sure about newer revisoion of them. However u do not need a laser fix on a V14 they are only require on V12 and some say V13. Also some big ones i think V9/V10 needed a remo laser fix mod. As with your current laser i am not sure if it is fixable.

3. steimy

steimy Active member

a. Is Neofix XIV a good laser fix
    They are all about the same. I prefer the Summone or Comsoft V4

b. Can somebody point my in the direction of some good install diagrams.
    http://www.mod-chip.com/Lite/DMS4_SE_Mod_Installation_Guide_V12-V14_Lite.pdf
    that PDF will show you some of it, i could not find a full guide.

c. Is anybody else having this same problem.
    Never had that problem but mine (Summone laser fix) but it was professionally installed

d. Is there anyway to fix what has been done to m laser other than replacement.
    If the laser works in another PS2 then it is not te laser. You messed up something else. Like possibly a solder point, or solder on the motherboard where it should not be, or worst case you burned out a fuse or something.

4. ps2modgod

ps2modgod Guest

1) The Neofix XIV is not a bad solution at all.
    2) The Neofix XIV is nothing more then the Matrix PIC fix and the diode fix combined on a convenient quick solder PCB.
    3) The Comsoft V4 is a high bread of the Matrix PIC fix which has been optimized for ultimate protection.
    4) The summ0ne fix is to be avoided. The resistor type fixes actually make your laser work harder and wear out sooner. I have proved this many time in the past on console that were believed to have dead lasers, I simply removed the summ0ne fix and installed a Neo or Comsoft fix and the console would then work again.

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2007