1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NeoGeo emulator

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Homebrew software' started by Riorio99, Sep 28, 2007.

1. Riorio99

Riorio99 Regular member

Does anyone know if there is a decent NeoGeo emulator out yet? I've seen loads on the net, but they seem to be sither NeoGeo pocket or neoGeo CDZ, help me please!!! I really want to play King Of Fighters again.

2. VagrantW

VagrantW Guest

MVSPSP 2.0.6

3. Riorio99

Riorio99 Regular member

Thanks, i'll try it out as soon as I find some roms.

Any chance someone could tell me how to install it?

Last edited: Sep 30, 2007
  4. VagrantW

VagrantW Guest

Just copy the MVSPSP folder to your GAME folder and run it in 1.50 kernel... When you get some roms you will find another folder called romcnv which inside you will find an exe that will convert the roms into a chache file. The cache file is needed along with the roms zip file for on the PSP phat because of it's low memory. You should need to create the folders ROMS and CACHE in the MVSPSP folder. You also need neogeo.zip which is the console's bios to run the games, when you have that just put it in the ROMS folder, no need to create a cache of that.

Just released today is MVSPSP 2.2.0 for the PSP Slim which doesn't require cache files due to the Slim's doubled, 64mb memory.

I know a lot of decent rom sites, but unfortunately I can't help you with that...

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2007
  5. Riorio99

Riorio99 Regular member

Thanks, the stupid readme was all messed up. Metal Slug here I come!

6. roachie

roachie Member

Ive just recently got this and found it a really good emulator.Even tho its not really my type of thing as its mainly fighting games released on it.I just downloaded it to take a look and i thought it was really good graphix and sound so A+ for this emulator.Hope you have fun with it and if you have any problems please pm me and ill help you out.

7. Riorio99

Riorio99 Regular member

This is the best emulator I have ever used. The 3 games I have tried (King of the Monsters, Samurai Shodown and Metal Slug 1) all run absolutley 100%. Thanks for the tutorial on how to set things up!:)

Last edited: Oct 7, 2007