1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nephilim...just a comment about a Ban from this forum topic...

Discussion in 'AfterDawn feedback & suggestions' started by jcmike, Apr 26, 2007.

1. jcmike

jcmike Member

I was reading what I thought was to be a pretty interesting forum and noticed you banned the guy for not breaking any of the forum rules stated. (the walmart rip off thread) Plus you claimed he was bragging, but in no way did I read any boasting. ??? Well, you're an admin and like most admins in any forum they tend to do as they please regaurdless of the rules set prior. They will ban and boot folks for posts that they don't care for, but I'd just like to ask if you could not close the thread 'cause I kind of want to here this other story that someone had asked about.

2. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

Whatever it was, you might not have seen what was written for the simple fact that it violated forum rules in one way or another which is why that part gets taken out of the post before it causes problems. One thing you need to understand before you stand on your soap box about "this mod here or this mod there" we are here to do a job and that is to keep aD running....no matter what YOUR opinion is.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2007
  3. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

no offense jc...but its not the smartest idea to call out a mod on something he did. the word moderator beside his name means he can ban even you so i would just sit back and let them do their jobs, i think they do a fine job of it..and i have been here for a while to see them in action.

4. fgamer

fgamer Guest

I'm sure the moderators are big boys or girls...they can take it!

5. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

they may be, but if someone wants to doubt a mod then im sure the mods would be more than happy to show that they run this show, not the newbies or the junior members or the senior members or anyone else besides mods and admins...so i suggest people leave them alone before they get banned.

6. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

what's with another pointless thread in yet another wrong forum?

7. ha9981

ha9981 Regular member

if there were no mods there would be no afterdawn so just give up and don't ask what they do im sure they think through before any move they make.

8. Arkadiy

Arkadiy Guest

Personally the rules on this forum are WAAY to strict, especially for this type of forum.

And the mods are power-whores as well.

9. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

no the mods are smart...you people dont get it do you? when you say something that isnt acceptable by forum rules afterdawn is responsible for it. if something illegal is talked about it has to be edited and closed as the owner will face the consequences if you dont abide by the rules.

10. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

for a forum with several hundred thousand registered members, you have to be strict to have anything work. this isn't a small, cozy, couple hundred member forum run like a democracy. it's large, it's a dictatorship, and everyone right up to addicts are disposable. we'd have crashed and burned long before now if it wasn't so.

the mods are necessary. we can only have so few because they are so good. power-whore my ass--that's what the little post-hogging idealistic newbies on up are.

leave your drama queen hat at the door.

11. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

couldnt be put better, i think this should be closed now before anyone else embarrasses themselves

12. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

no, let them do it. little smacktards need to be allowed to mess up in youth, otherwise they never grow up. we'll just chastise the hell out of them here and hope they learn from it.

13. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

Amen. Kids now think they know everything.. Even worse so than other generations. I'm a gen-x'er so I know how bad we were. This new Generation is god-awful.

14. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

HEY HEY HEY!!! lol im a part of this same generation that these little kids are, granted im not little lol and i have a lot more sense about me than to try and pick a fight with a moderator lol

15. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Apparently you didn't read them well enough. There's a little line that's worth a million words and it goes like this..............

You say that like there's something wrong with it. It's the admins' site to do with as they please. Who are you to tell them what they can and can't do on the site they run anyway? And to set the record straight I'm not an admin. I'm a moderator and work for the admins to keep this site free of kids who think ripping off a store is cool enough to warrant a gleeful post about it on an international forum. Your first post to this site is to make this thread which leaves me no doubt as to who you are.

Arkadiy ,

Since you don't like our rules, our moderators or the way we do things you can leave.

16. jcmike

jcmike Member

actually, i did have another account on here ages ago. but i made the mistake of hAvInG a NaMe LiKe tHiS and i forgot all of the order i had put the characters in. but even on that account i would hardly ever post, i just read.

and just to set it straight, i wasn't trying to call anyone out for anything. it's just that after reading the post i didn't see any "glee" whatsoever. infact i would say i saw the opposite from the way he had ended it. i just wanted to comment on it and that was it. and i dont believe I was the one that ever called you an admin. but you still proved my point. i never said that i thought you were in the wrong or anything, but i did not see that line that you had quoted from the forum rules, not knowing that it existed. otherwise i wouldnt have even said anything

17. jcmike

jcmike Member

oops i did hrow in the "a" word

sorry. i meant to say moderator in the first post.

18. janrocks

janrocks Guest

Hi all.. Can't resist but to lighten the tone here...

Nephilim Bang Power Grime & Lime

Nephilim Bang Power Grime & Lime Cleaner Trigger's formula simply cuts through the toughest problems like scum, grime, idiocy and rust. It also dissolves rock hard braincells in seconds so even wild77 is no match for the power formula. Nephilim Bang Power Grime and Lime Cleaner Trigger will restore your forums to their original shine and it contains a fresh fragrance to leave your site smelling clean and fresh.

Simply spray onto moronic posts, leave for up to one minute (but no longer) and wipe away the tough stains. Rinse the surface thoroughly with sarcasm after use. Make sure you always test on an idiotic post first to ensure compatibility with the aims and goals .

Have a great day....

19. borhan9

borhan9 Active member

I just thought I might as well add my 2cents worth on this thread. I am not trying to be pro Neph just being a observer of what the mods to hear in general. All the Mods hear do their job well and do give fair warning to members that are crossing the line. Neph is one of the guys that does give you enough warning and if you do not adjust what needs to be done then he will give you a temp ban mayb in the beginning but if it continues of course your going to say bye bye for good.

20. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

well i have no comment other than to quote this one as an example of why moderators are 'strict' sometimes.