1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nero, 120%, DVD Decrypter not burning at set speed

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by sherm505, Mar 28, 2005.

1. sherm505

sherm505 Guest

when I go to backup a ps2 dvd disc I set it to burn at 1X but when it starts the burn processes it goes up to 3X or 4X????????

2. keras

keras Regular member

It's most likely because either your media or your burner doesn't support 1x burning.

3. sherm505

sherm505 Guest

so if its my burner than i cant burn at 1x and wont be able to backup ps2-dvd games??? so when a dvd-r disc says 4X its not 1-4X its 4X!?!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2005
  4. sigare

sigare Member

I have been having the same problem. None of the programs will stay at 2x or 1x for that matter. If ya go to properties for the optical drive under my computer the drive reads a cd burner and ya can set a maximum speed that it will burn at. Dont know if it will force the dvd's to burn at that speed though as well... I have not tried as i have been burning all mine at 4x with no problems yet.

5. sherm505

sherm505 Guest

what type of media are you using??? sigare

6. tankpower

tankpower Regular member

You should be able to play games burned at 4x. I have a new HP dvd+/-rw dual layer burner that won't go any slower than that, but my backups are ok (hope I don't jinx myself...).

Also, use good media -- I have success with Verbatim dvd-r. You should be straight.

7. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

Sherm-
    here is a good list.
    Also make sure your Firmware is Updated.

http://www.digitalfaq.com/media/dvdmedia.htm

MCC = Mitsubishi Chemicals = (-R)<-----------------VERBATIM MY CHOICE #1
    TAIYOYUDEN or YUDEN = Taiyo Yuden = (-R)<--------------FUJIFILM (made in japan) MY CHOICE #2

Last edited: Mar 29, 2005
  8. sigare

sigare Member

I have been using Fuji Film dvd +r 4x media. All games have worked so far.

My self personaly will keep just buying these until they either start to fail on me or i can get a different brand disc to try from a friend.

9. soulsixer

soulsixer Guest

can u explane a little better hot to set read speed lower?

10. sigare

sigare Member

Something i just realized. In DVD Decypter when you put in your dvd media to burn it will tell you what speeds the media excepts.

Just found a 8x disc lieing around so tring it out.

DVD Decrypter let me select 4x as the media couldburn at either 4 or 8 it stated.

To change the speed depends on the program you are using.

I know with roxio or nero after you click the burn button there is a pop up with info. One of the things says burn speed. by default it is set to maximum. Just click on that and change it to the speed ya want. I believe alcahol 120% has the same sort of set up where there is a box that is set to maximum as well.

The 8x disc i am using i think might be a cheap-o. Name on disc says TEON. Will let ya know if it works out or not.

Well to update it burned at 4x but i believe it to be bunk media. Will not load on ps2. Oh well.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2005
  11. keras

keras Regular member

I use Teon for my movie backups..(they work great for that), but yeah, they're junk for games

12. sigare

sigare Member

Yeah that is what i had them left over from LOL