1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nero 2014

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by lily11, May 24, 2014.

1. lily11

lily11 Newbie

hi, could anyone help me please, Im a beginner at burning dvds! Ive spent hours trying to burn a dvd video from mp4 using nero 2014,but cant get rid of the black bars. Any help would be very much appreciated.Thanks.

2. attar

attar Senior member

Since 'DVD' movies must have aspect ratios of either 4:3 or 16:9, if the source video doesn't fit into either, then the resulting dvd will either have black bars top and bottom or left and right.
    4/3=1.333
    16/9=1.777

A typical Hollywood movie might have an aspect ratio of 2.35:1, that's ok in a dark movie house where drapes are adjusted around the screen, but it doesn't work for TV sets whose screen size is fixed.

Divide the width of your source by the height and if the result is neither of the above, then black bars will included as part of the resultant conversion.

3. kes67

kes67 Newbie

Hello all I've had dvdshrink 3.2 for a long time and had no problems with it opening automatically with nero 9. I recently invested in Nero 14 and now it doesn't open up automatically anymore and it's not in the options to burn!! How do I add it to burn automatically?

4. ValerieCasady

ValerieCasady Newbie

Hi! I'm Valerie I was wondering if where can I download Nero? Or should I buy the software?
    Thanks