1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero 3.2.3.2 error burns?

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by rc1489, Jul 1, 2007.

1. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Yeah I think the version he put on there of Nero is essentials (an oem version) - there are 3 different versions and not all have Vision as standard - just a trial.

Look at Nero's site and look into buying the plugin for Vision - probably alot cheaper then buying Roxio. I'm not sure if Roxio has a feature like Vision.

ImgBurn is just a burning program so all you can do is burn with it - no viewer & it won't help w/ converting the mov file.

A free one that support converting mov files is DivXtoDVD.
    Not sure if Vista compatible but it's free and worth a shot.
    Save the file to your hard drive then you can use the build mode im ImgBurn to add the video_ts folder to burn.

2. rc1489

rc1489 Regular member

I assume "vision" means just that, it lets one view, instead of getting the trial period error message?

thanks

3. binkie7

Actually Vision is the name of the app in Nero that converts several different formats to a dvd compliant dvd. Will also do slideshows, editting, capture video etc.
    The veiwer in Nero is Showtime :)

4. rc1489

rc1489 Regular member

At the present time the "viewer" iswhat i get the trial period warnings on, trying to view nero essentials. So does that sti revert to the issue of upgrade? I have not tried burning anything, but when i opened the interface, it was all there?
    thanks

5. binkie7

With the Nero Essentials you'll still have some apps that are fully functional - some might just have a trial like Vision or Recode. Depends on which suite of Essentials you have.

Here's a list of the different suites and what they have - link

6. rc1489

rc1489 Regular member

Hi

It is Nero 7--program folder as follows 300mb
    nero 7 folder
    adobe
    core
    nero
    nero burn
    ner cover designer
    nero home
    nero media home
    nero media streaming
    nero photo snap
    nero recode
    nero show time
    nero start smart
    nerotool kit
    nero vision

7. binkie7

Ok looks in product center and see what it has.
    In SmartStart click on the icon that has a somewhat looking flame in it in the bottom right hand corner.
    The product center. On the top it will list what you have like Nero 7 Ultra Edition.

8. rc1489

rc1489 Regular member

I don't see the product center, when i put the cursor on the icon with the red flame it says file versiom 3.5.9.0, nero ag, 4.69mb,nero smart start, then if i go to nerosmart start, it gives set up options, this says it gives all options under command center for nero 7 , but i believe that is on my desk top? that does the same thing if i open the essentials icon on the desk top and click help, same window comes up.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2007
  9. binkie7

Ok you have Nero 7 but not the 'full' retail version.
    That's why you get the trial expired bit for Vision. The rest of the applications in Nero that you have are fully functional - only Vision and probably Recode have the trial.

10. rc1489

rc1489 Regular member

OK
    So your quote earlier=
    You can check Nero site about getting a cd but I think thats mostly emailing you a serial #.
    In Store must be the best way to buy Nero to get the cd but the problem there is the version would need to be a Vista compatible one - 7.5 version and above. So you might still have to download an update.
    In store that would be Ultre Edition Enhanced or Premium Reloaded (depends on the country on the name)

Nero doesn't always support .mov files and to do them you would be using Vision - since this looks like it was an oem (Nero essentials) some of the those only come with trial periods for Vision. The rest of the apps are fine- no trial.
    So it may just be best to contact Nero about getting the plugin for Vision.

My biggest concern then is a viewer for .mov, you seem to have access to all this, do you have a way of contacting nero about this plug in, apparently i can still burn? have not tried anything since thi warning, no need, then if not hw many mb is the downlaod? to the latest version?

thanks

11. binkie7

See my post from the 8th about using another program to do the .mov files. Nero doesn't always support them.

Or my viewer do you just need a player to play them on the pc and not convert & burn them?

Your best best is to go to Nero site and email customer with any questions or here's a link to buy the plug in you need - DVD-Video PlugIn.

Yep you'll still be able to burn - it's Vision that's lost it's functionality.
    The latest version of Nero is still almost 200mb but that won't give you Vision again just a compatible version for Vista.

12. rc1489

rc1489 Regular member

So if i buy the plugin for like 25.00 that may alloww viewing?

i may need convert them now, not sure i guess.?

i did emailthat convertor yesterday and they are compatible, it's free now, but future upgrades will not be it sounds like.
    thanks
    ----------------------------------------------
    sometime back there were issues on serial #s does this help?
    ---------------
    For the Nero retail version, the serial number is located on the back side of the paper sleeve the Nero CD came in. For OEM version, the serial number is located on the back side of the paper sleeve the Nero CD came in. For OEM bundles, such as Yamaha, TDK, Memorex, Lite-On, etc. you do not need a serial number, as it is embedded and will install automatically. After a successful installation, you can find your serial number located in your registry.
    Follow the steps below in order to locate it:
    1) Click on ´Start --> Run´ and type in ´REGEDIT´.
    2) Click on ´OK´, which opens the Registry Editor.
    3) Click on the folders ´HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE --> SOFTWARE --> AHEAD --> NERO BURNING-ROM --> INFO´.
    4) You will see your serial number on the right-hand side of the Registry Editor, with following name (related to the respective version you have): Serial4, Serial5 or Serial6
    This entry looks as follows:
    14xx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx (for Nero 4)
    15xx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx (for Nero 5)
    1Axx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx (for Nero 6 Ultra Edition)
    Please note the number.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2007
  13. binkie7

DivXtoDVD is now ConvertXtoDVD which isn't free.
    DivXtoDVD was last updated in 2005 I think but it still does a good job.

Do you just want to play the mov files on the pc or do you want to play them in a dvd player?
    If you want to play them in a dvd player then yes you would need to convert them 1st.
    If you just want to watch them on the pc Quicktime well play them (they're quicktime videos) or I think VLC player (free) will play them - link.

For the serial # bit from Nero's site that just if you need to find the serial #.

14. rc1489

rc1489 Regular member

yes both, pc and dvd player, looks like it's pay time for all practical purposes.

The serial # was discussion way back, being mine was preloaded would that procedure i posted find the serial # for upgrade?
    thanks

15. binkie7

For Nero 7 no it's in a different place in the registry.
    1) Click on ´Start --> Run´ and type in ´REGEDIT´.
    2) Click on ´OK´, which opens the Registry Editor.
    3) Click on the folders ´HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE --> SOFTWARE --> AHEAD --> Installation --> Nero 7 -->Info.
    On the left hand side of the window it's to the right of Serial7.

Try DivX2DVD - it's free. You can burn with Nero.
    I checked the latest version again and mov isn't listed under supported video files.

16. rc1489

rc1489 Regular member

Thanks

the .mov is not supported by nero? It always played until the trial period deal came along "ended" ? Why will nero not play it now if i update, or are you referring to the other one? this gets more confusing?
    thanks
    if i pull out the serial #, what can i do with it or will the serial # appear being i did not have the cd? maybe we'll call it quits after this one?
    thanks

Last edited: Jul 12, 2007
  17. binkie7

Nero doesn't list .mov files as being supported so I can't say that any .mov you get will always be able to be played or converted w/ Nero.
    The one that played before the trial expired should still play if you buy the plugin.

The serial # bit - that's just where you can find it. Like if you needed to do a clean install of Nero and needed to reenter it go there 1st and write it down.
    When they have upgrades to software they offer discounts for licensed users - you would need your serial # or that. Like if you had Nero 6 and wanted to upgrade to Nero 7.

Hope this makes sense.

18. rc1489

rc1489 Regular member

You think it will probably not do me any good to buy the plugin being the trial period expired?
    thanks

19. binkie7

No buying the plugin might be worth it if you'll be converting other file formats besides .mov like avi, wmv, dvr-ms etc.

20. rc1489

rc1489 Regular member