1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero 3.2.3.2 error burns?

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by rc1489, Jul 1, 2007.

1. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Look in the registry in the path I posted above you're serial # will be there. But I don't think it's really necessary to buy the dvd plugin.
    You'll get a serial for the plugin that you'll enter unlocking the trial period on Vision.

The links are just for a player not a converter- there are free players for mov like QuickTime so I definitely won't pay for one.

You can always try emailing Nero and see what their response is on mov files but I don't you'll get a very helpful response.

2. rc1489

rc1489 Regular member

I have quick time but it ony works through easy share software, if i open the files up just on the drive, they have all kinds of black images in the display.

did you refer to the alternative quicktime 1.81 i think is the #, how does that display mov files, full page or the small screen like quick time has?

so how do i convert the .mov files to another format for dvd or pc viewing, what software do i need?
    thanks

3. binkie7

You can try the free DivXtoDVD to convert them then try using Nero or ImgBurn to burn them (see my previous post).

I just have the Quicktime player - but rarely use it.
    Have you tried playing them in VLC or Windows Media player?

4. rc1489

rc1489 Regular member

you can try the free DivXtoDVD to convert them then try using Nero or ImgBurn to burn them (see my previous post).

I just have the Quicktime player - but rarely use it.
    Have you tried playing them in VLC or Windows Media player?Mediaplayer does not recognize file type, Is DivX free yet, at this point i'm drawing a blank on VLC.

Thanks

it appears vlc is not for .mov format either?

Introduction & Requirements

ConvertXtoDVD - You need to purchase a license for this software to unlock it completely. Unregistered versions of the software add a watermark which slows down the process dramatically.

In this guide I will go through the steps of encoding an AVI file to DVD, including multiple audio streams and subtitles. I will also give you a tour of the Interface and show you how you can use the program to its fullest. So without any further delay, lets take a look at the customizable interface for ConvertXtoDVD but first, you might want to set the program to your language of choice. If your language of choice is english, then skip straight ahead to the Interface.
    maybe we did this before but what is the true capacity of a dvd +rwmemorex 16 x 4.7 gb for .mov on data burn or with jpeg files?

i get to 3500mb max with .mov and jpeg comboninations, do the .mov files take mor time if it says 120 min on the dvd blank?

Last edited: Jul 15, 2007
  5. binkie7

6. rc1489

rc1489 Regular member

why is it now i have a non burn in nero on anything over 3500mb, with a mix of .mov and jpegs?

where do i get the alterantive that has the classic player in 1.81?

how malware free are these downloads?

thanks

7. binkie7

Do you have a recent burn log from Nero that you can post?
    You might want to try switching the media - try Verbatim or made in Japan Sony or Fuji.
    Burn at 1/2 the rated speed of the disc.

You can download the quicktime alternative from afterdawn - QT Alt

I would say the downloads are pretty safe - I've never had a problem doing from here. To be sure run a virus scan on the downloads.

8. rc1489

rc1489 Regular member

The burn log you ask about is a complete copy of .mov files etc? how do you want it posted so i can keep it private,?

i've used a couple different dvd blanks, and burned at half the speed, abve 3500 mb they fail.

av scans do not pick up the malware or spyware,?
    thanks

no mention of
    , on the quiktime alt link.

9. binkie7

Oops forgot about the Vista - use Media Player Classic - supports Vista - to play the files - Media Player Classic.

Yes anti virus programs also scan for spyware and the different 'threats'. Check the website of your to see if it does for sure.

For the log - be sure to edit on the serial number, your name if it's in the and you can scan the log and edit the name of the file your converting if you like.

10. rc1489

rc1489 Regular member

Better news here, dropped a burn down to 6x and it did over 4.2 of 4.7, will try more another day,

remember we had an issue on finding logs before, i saved this to be burned again, is this what you want? i can not find " a log file" only the iso burn to be burned again.

the media classic, i was on major geeks site, and there were so many things there, what else has to be installed along with the media classic for vista home premium, there was another item to make it functional it seems?
    thanks
    may not be back until tomorrow

i have it downloaded, not installed

now another help needed

i had power archeiver for zip, on my old system , nothing on this one, what unzipper is compatible with vista home premium?
    thanks
    see you monday if it's monday where you are./

winzip is downloaded not installed 11.1 version i believe.

11. binkie7

It was Monday here alredy on your last post but not by much - 41 mins:)

Remember the disc will only hold 4.38gb not the 4.7 it says (short story different math - manufacturer vs. computer conversion)
    Good to hear you're getting farther n the burn process!
    Have you tried ImgBurn yet?

Here's where you can find the logs in Vista -link

You might need some codec installed for Media Classic (I haven't used Media Classic) I use and it's Vista compatible - ffdshow.

Hmmm for the zip software I like WinRAR but it doesn't like Vista.
    Looks like WinZip may be your best bet since it is Vista compatible.

12. rc1489

rc1489 Regular member

Thanks for the capacity info.

I'll look at the other links you sent tonight, i have imgburn ans winzip and media classic all downloaded and scanned, nothing installed

is there a registry backup in vista home premium , they talk about a starting point?
    thanks

13. binkie7

I'm sure there is somewhere - I'm just not familiar where all the stuff in Vista is.
    Or are you talking about a restore point? In XP it under start>all programs>accessories>system tools - Vista may be similar.

14. rc1489

rc1489 Regular member

Thanks

when i install the media classic player, then these codecs have to be downloaded also? they install in the proper place after media classic is installed--- your quote below

(I haven't used Media Classic) I use and it's Vista compatible - ffdshow.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2007
  15. binkie7

Yes you can install the codec before or after you install Media Classic.
    They will install in the proper place - they used for more then just viewing files w/ players - I installed them for Virtual Dub and for VLC.

You can install Media Classic then try playing the files - no sound, bad pic or won't play then download and install the codecs.

16. rc1489

rc1489 Regular member

17. binkie7

I think I'm following you - you mean ffdshow?
    That's a codec pack that will give pretty much all you'll need - well at least in my experience and needs :)

18. rc1489

rc1489 Regular member

no, the one for media classic.

19. binkie7

Ok here's the link for media classic - link.

But if the files not play, there's no audio or made playback then you may need addt'l codecs installed - that's where ffdshow comes in.
    Media Classic doesn't have a separate download for any addt'l codecs it might need.

20. rc1489

rc1489 Regular member

I downloaded media classic last night, , it only is in a "file format" not a program, when i use it it says do you want to run this file? yes, then you open it in a 3 or 4 x 4 window to enlarge, then browse for the files you want, both format and your own, some open better than others, one froze, and i had to shut the system down unplugging the power. is this the way this is supposed to be installed and run? not real impressed. If i drag and drop them they play, but hardly get them open by browsing.

Media Player Classic [version 6.4.9.0 rev 611]

i installed it from a link on afterdawn.

it is not under program files, when downloading i asked to save it to desktop being i could scan it first, then install it, is it supposed to be under programs or just run as a file? there was no install to it.

either i need uninstall it and get the right link or the right link for the codecs?

vista home premium 32 bit

needed for .mov files

Last edited: Jul 17, 2007