1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero 5.5.10.28 can't erase DVD+RW

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by HlpNeed, May 21, 2003.

1. HlpNeed

HlpNeed Member

Anyone have idea how I can reformat the DVD+RW after burning a movie. I keep getting the error "It is not a rewritable DVD; therefore can't format." I know OLDMIKE said he can do it with the new version of Nero, if OLDMIKE reads this thread please tell me what version you are using and how did you do it. Anyone has any suggestion please help.

Last edited: May 21, 2003
  2. jimbo1mcm

jimbo1mcm Member

When I use quick erase with Nero on a +rw it doesn't work, but when I do a full erase, it works. Takes 15-20 minutes. Enjoy

3. HlpNeed

HlpNeed Member

I tried the full erase function, and I got the same error. Are you using Nero 5.5.10.28? Did you try to erase a DVD RW after burn a moives with using Decryter, DVD2one then Nero? Thanks for the response.

Oh, one more thing, when I insert the DVD+RW disc into the HP 200e, the light keeps flashing, is like reading the disc but nothing happen and doesn't stop until I eject the disc out.

Last edited: May 22, 2003
  4. jimbo1mcm

jimbo1mcm Member

using nero 5.10.20. XP home, Sony +rw,Sony 500 ax, 2.c firmware. I did erase after using DVD Decrypter, 2one and then Nero. Don't know much more. Try another +rw disc or brand.

5. HlpNeed

HlpNeed Member

Thanks for sharing the info. I finally use the Instant CD + DVD to format it and it worked.