1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero 5.5 and other burning software & files size problems

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by marcosr, Jun 16, 2004.

1. marcosr

marcosr Guest

Hello there

If you are using an OS that is earlier than win2k, then I would say that your problem is most likely related to the file size of the AVI since 95,98 & ME cannot handle a file size that is close to 4 gigs so you need to keep the files sizes down to about 2 gigs in size in order to be able to burn them.

I had run into this problem when I was attempting to copy files that were close to 4 gigs in size and also found that they would cause any burning software to crash, after I reduced them down to 2 gigs they burned ok.

Marco

2. Pein

Pein Active member

Just adding somekind of a reason for these file size limitations.
    It's related to file systems and their limitations (in Windows):
    fat - 2G
    fat32 - 4G
    ntfs - limited by size of volume

3. marcosr

marcosr Guest

Yes you are correct for the limitations being imbedded in the OS file structure.

But what I am attempting to get across is that even though the fat32 can handle up to a 4 gig file that doesn't mean that you can do anything with it but play the file, You cannot copy it to another drive, burn it to a DVD because it's just to big to be handled but like I said the file will play just fine.

The best thing to do with respect to 95, 98, ME & 2k or XP (in fat 32 format) is to break the files down to managable sizes and the easiest is 1024k so that if needed you can span dvd's easier.