1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero 5.5 Frustating and Upset

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by Superdad2, Jan 6, 2005.

1. Superdad2

Superdad2 Member

Hi there,

I'm a newbie to this forum and I've been searching and calling Nero Support($1.29 per min) and can't get thru.

Here's my problem:

I am creating a CD with a slideshow and I want to be able to use a feature that Nero mentions in their FAQ on saving JPG pictures onto a CD as well as the SlideShow.

"NERO FAQ:

7. How can I save pictures onto a CD or DVD?

If you simply wish to 'store' your JPEGs on your CD or DVD, keeping the JPEG format, just create a standard Data CD or Data DVD.

If you wish to play these files on your DVD player, you must create a Video CD using the VCD or SVCD format. But when you do this, the JPEG files will be converted to a single DAT file and no longer be accessible on your computer with a JPEG viewer. So be sure you do not delete your original JPEG files if you do not want to loose them.

[bold]Important note[/bold]

There is an option when creating a VCD or SVCD to also store the JPEGs in a folder called 'Pictures' on the VCD or SVCD. If you enable this, you will still be able to view the JPEG files on your computer using a JPEG viewer."

This last important note is what is frustrating me. I can't find where turn on this option and all I get are Slide Shows in DAT format that I can't use on my PC.

Is there anyone on the forum who has experienced this and resolved the problem. I would be greatly appreciative of a resolution to my situation.

Please excuse my verbosity in trying to solve my problem.

2. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

I hate to leave your post unanswerd so let me give it a shot :)

From waht I understand you wanna save your digital pictures on a cd or dvd right? right, ok then, all you need to do is select cd or dvd then select Make Data CD from there you need to find were your digital images are that you want to burn to CD/DVD.

Add your files er jpegs (drag and drop) and burn, you should now be able to view them on your dvd player as long as your dvd player supports the JPEG format.

3. Gringle

Gringle Guest

Also Dave Nero 5.5 is a little out of date, It may-be to your advantage to go to the Nero web site, download the latest version on a months free trial.

The same site has some brilliant tutorials, which may solve your problems.

regards G