1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero 5 Back-Up Problem

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by barcs2002, Sep 21, 2003.

1. barcs2002

barcs2002 Member

I have been backing up my Pc games fine for a while now on my own computer, I have just recently started using a new computer with nero 5 on it when i try to back-up somthing it takes forever even thoe the cd recorder is 40x write. When using Nero 5 i go through the copy cd menu fine its starts reading the disc only the top status bar the buffer one does anything but very slowly the data bar doesnt move at all. And all the time the disc is being read it comes up with Unrecoverable Read Error. Any help appreiciated?

2. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

One reason and a likely one is that the Nero copy disc feature is unable to read the data correctly (i.e., intential corruption, cd protection blah blah). A couple pointers though:
    1. When backing up cds, the slower the better (ie., <12X) For protected cds this is double important
    2. Even if you set it to high speed copying the burner will definitely choke out trying to duplicate data and such
    3. There are established methods for backup up games wirh certain protection schemes and none of them involve Nero. Nero is a general purpose program which is incapable of dealing with fancy protection schemes

Specifcally about your problem though... some things you can look into or clarify:
    1. What make model burner do you have?
    2. What were you trying to dupe?