1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nero 5

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by sulphur, Nov 24, 2003.

1. sulphur

sulphur Member

Nero 5.5.10 will not regonize my dvd burner, but will pick up my cd burner, and read files from the dvd burner.
    Is there some way I can get it to recognize the dvd burner, or do I have to upgrade to nero 6?

2. koola

koola Guest

I would upgrade to the latest version as it offers more than in the previous version!

If you don't want to upgrade, try and update your ASPI drivers as applications use your ASPI drivers to access IDE drives.

3. pio4030

pio4030 Regular member

Hey sulphur, I am having the same problems. But I do not believe Nero 5.5 will work because I can't even choose DVD from the drop-down menu that is suppose to show up. Do you have a drop-down menu?

4. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

I would definitely update your ASPI. I was having a bitch of a time trying to get CDex to rip music from my DVD ROM. It could see the disc and would download the titles/tracks but when I tried to start ripping it would freeze up. I just installed Adaptec's 471 A2 and everything is smooth sailing now. I use Nero 5.5.10.54 with my DRU-500A with no problems._X_X_X_X_X_[small]I don't see the glass as half empty or half full. I just want to know if anyone spit in it.[/small]

Last edited: Nov 27, 2003
  5. pio4030

pio4030 Regular member

Can you provide instructions on how to update my ASPI? Thanks