1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero 6.3.1.17 stops burning my DVD

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by pdehenau, Aug 11, 2004.

1. pdehenau

pdehenau Member

HI,
    Whatever wring software I use(Nero Clone DVD) the writing stops after 2%. I don't see any error messages and I have re-installed Nero without success. I am connected through USB 2 on a recent ASUS motherboard with 500M of ram and 2.6G of processor. I have replaced the writer with a new one without success!! Any ideas?? Thanks for your help!!

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Hi,

We could use some more information,

Make/model burner and firmware version.

Brand/type media being used.

Any and all burning software being used.

Can you post a Nero log with the errors?

3. pdehenau

pdehenau Member

Sorry but I was away for a while. My DVD writer is a NEC ND 2500A and I use Nero 6.3.1.17. I have windows XP SP1, 500 mega of DDR ram and a 40giga hard disk. I use Princo DVD-R.
    Thanks for your help.

4. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

If you do not mind doing a little experiment, I would recommend taking the recorder out of the External USB chassis, and connect to the IDE bus on your Computer and see if the drive then works.

This is not a solutoin, just a way to isolate the issue and see if the issue is possible with the USB drivers, USB Bridge on the external chassis, or the USB cable.

P.S. But before doing any of that, upgrade to Nero 6.3.1.20 and make sure you have the latest firmware for your recorder and see if the issue remains.

Regards,

Craig

5. houdini66

houdini66 Member

i am haveing the same problem i have had the drive in 3 different computers tryed nero 5.5 dvdxcopy plat use the drive (soney dru510a firmware 1.1 and the org.) as a usb2 and ide and one for the computers has a fresh install (drive fdisked and formated) of windows xp home. i have made 30+ dvds with no errors.
    and i have used different brands of dvd-rs one of them being the sony brand... the only dvd i have been able to use is a dvd+r. i have noticed that on the dvd-r there is a small ring just outside of the center
    this is where it stops burning and when i burn a data only dvd it comes back with a multi session warning and if i tell it to continue it starts to burn to the out side of this ring. i also have used the sony drive check utility, passes all tests useing the sony dvds but wont with memorex (problem as above) i have made working dvds useing sony, memorex and imation, now these all fail btw the dvd+rs dont have the ring as above......btw the error i get from nero is scsi command aborted ( happens no matter id the drive is in usb2 or ide)

6. Galbin

Galbin Guest

The problems is real simple. Nero doesn't write to Princos. DVDDecrypter does. Try using DVDDecrypter to back up a single-layer DVD to prove the above.

7. houdini66

houdini66 Member

ok ... then why can i burn dvd+r but not dvd-r??

just tried alchol 120 burn failed here is part of the log file

09:29:48 Processor info: Pentium III (0.18 um) With 256 KB On-Die L2 Cache (697MHz)
    09:29:48 Memory Available to Windows: 522,740 KB
    09:29:48 Memory Buffer size: 128 MB
    09:29:49 Image file loading: D:\DS9S5D7.MDS
    09:29:49 DVD Source Info: Session: 1, Track: 1, Length: 4.36 GB / 507:58:25
    09:29:49 Image file loading: D:\DS9S5D7.I00
    09:30:06 (F:) SONY DVD RW DRU-510A(USB:0): Recording Method/Speed
    09:30:06 Recording - DVD DAO - 4.0X (5520 KB/Sec)
    09:34:15 (F:) SONY DVD RW DRU-510A(USB:0) - [Write ERROR] LBA: 2448, Length: 16
    S:KEY - 05/21/02 - "Invalid Address For Write"
    09:34:15 (F:) SONY DVD RW DRU-510A(USB:0): Recording failed!
    09:34:15 Error message: [05/21/02] - Invalid Address For Write
    09:34:15 (F:) SONY DVD RW DRU-510A(USB:0): Recording failed!
    09:34:15 Image file loading aborted!
    the first part of the log file was just about the system .. any ideas about the invalid address?? once again it just burned up to the inner ring useing a sony disk ( from the compatibalty list by sony)
    i have had no problems getting the image to the hd just getting it on to a dvd-r

8. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

Hi Houdini66,

Your issue is similar to Pdehenau, but without more information from him it's impossible to say if the issues are the same. :)

However, in your case, the fact that you have used more than one Recording software and you get the same results rules out the software as an issue.

And the fact that you have used DVD+R media with continuous success rules out the recorder as being defective.

At this point, you really need to contact Sony and see if they have an idea as to what is going on. They may have a new firmware coming down the pipe to address it, or they may recommend a certain brand of DVD-R media, etc.

You do not mention what write speeds you attempted this at, so I must assume you tried the slowest possible write speed with the DVD-R media to try and resolve this. :)

Regards,

Craig

9. houdini66

houdini66 Member

do you know if there is any software that supports forceing the dvd-r book type?? it looks like dvdxcopy was working on/ going to work on this......

10. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

Our Nero software can change the BookType. With our latest software, you can do this from the Recorders Options window. In Nero Express, it's located in the final Burn Window. In Nero Burning ROM, it's located under Recorder.

But only if the recorder supports it and if our software currently supports that feature with the recorder. Our latest Nero 6.3.1.20 has been updated to support new recorders that support the feature.

Regards,

Craig

11. houdini66

houdini66 Member

WHOOT!!!!! its alive!!! i do believe i found away to fix it.... i used dvd decrypter to rezero the drive and sofar have been able to make 2 dvd-rs. now for the bad news.... this morning when i tryed to return to the website where i found this wonderful free program the site was suppened allthough there support forums were still active... the urls are as follows;
    www.dvddecrypter.com and forums.dvddecrypter.com
    the rezero utility is found by right clicking on the source drive (after picking your burner as the source drive) which will bring up a popup menu......
    you will need to have a blank dvd in the drive
    i do belive this is what fixed my problem as i have have been able to resume useing dvd-rs with nero though so far nero says it is doing it a 1x... but i am not going to complain as it is taking less time at that speed that the other software i have tryed at faster speeds...grin good luck all