1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero 6.6.0.3 will not start burning

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by Joe-Dogg, Dec 24, 2004.

1. Joe-Dogg

Joe-Dogg Member

Hi, I recently re-formatted my pc so i could install SP2...I upgraded Nero from 6.3.0.2 to 6.6.0.3, now when i try to burn any type of cd nero hangs up while its still indexing the files to be burnt at about 5% and completely locks up,it wont even close in task manager. Ive tried re-installing it 3 times, updated my ASPI drivers...also i have a 16x burner (NEC NR-7800a) and it only gives me the option to burn at 8x...but if i view my recorder info it says its a 16x burner..please help me!!!

2. Joe-Dogg

Joe-Dogg Member

I also tried and can't even get it to burn by drag and drop in windows explorer....i tried 3 different types of cds as well...I did get winamp to burn an audio cd but thats it

3. perrson

perrson Member

hi im having a problem similar to this. I just bought an LG multi 16x dL. when i use nero or any other burning utitlity it seems nero just freezes right after it does all its caching, the timer stops and everything, i have to restart my comp to get rid of it since task manager wont get rid of it, anyone have any idea on hhow to fix this?

4. QuantumFX

QuantumFX Member

Hey Joe,
    I've been having a similar problem as well with my Lite-on 451s. Check and see if you're motherboard is using a Via based chipset. Apparently their new Hyperion drivers have had trouble installing under XP SP2. I went back to version 4.51 and all is working well.
    Quantum