1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero 6.6.0.3

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by ftd, Dec 9, 2004.

1. ftd

ftd Member

I was doing fine using only nero to capture, author and burn DVDs from home movies. I have made 100s of DVDs with out problems. Suddely, either Nero hangs or gets errors when almost done burning. All I have changed is the version of Nero by installing the latest. I have two machines each with it's own Nero serial number. One has a plextor 708A and the other has a newer 712. Both running Xp Sp2, 3.0GHZ with 1Gb memory on both machines. Files are DV type1 that have worked before and usually take around 2 hours to complete.

Now Nero runs for several hours and then pops out the DVD and just sits there running up elpased time. Media is Taiyo Yuden (and others) but I have had success with all types of media and media was never any issue before this.

So is anyone else having this problem? Does Nero 6.6.0.3 work for you?

Thanks for your help.

2. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

Do you find that if you downgrade to Nero 6.6.0.1 that you still have this issue?

Regards,

Craig
    Ahead Software
    USA

3. ftd

ftd Member

Thanks for reply. That is what I am trying next on the 708A system that has burned many DVD's. Stand By

4. ftd

ftd Member

Hi Craig,
    Well 6.6.0.1 worked with Taiyo Yuden (dvd-r) media on the Plextor 708A. I am going to try another media type and then I am going to try upgrading to 6.6.0.3. BTW: I am using the Nero Vision express 3. The version that worked was 3.0.1.14

I really need the Plextor 712A to work as that is system I will be using in the future. The 708A is on my wife's machine.

Wish me luck and I will post when I complete my testing.

5. ftd

ftd Member

Well with a generic brand from compUSA I got this error (using 6.6.0.1)
    Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Program: c:\Program Files\Ahead\NeroVision\NeroVision.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an usual way.
    Please contact the application's Support team for more information.

An idea how to solve that ?

6. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

Hi Ftd,

In your posting on Dec 9th, you indicate that Nero Vision Express 3.0.1.14 works for you. Is that correct or a typo? As that is the new version that was released on Dec 3rd.

If its correct, then that would indicate that the new releases of Nero Express 6.6.0.3 fails, and Nero Express 3.0.1.14 passes. Could you confirm or clarify this?

And in your last Email, what recorder are you using that gets the RunTime error with the Generic media? Is that the Plextor 708 or the Plextor 712?

I have both drives, and my tests have shown that Nero 6.6.0.1, Nero 6.6.0.3, as well as NVE 3.0.1.14 work for all the basic writes. Of course I've only tested with Memorex and Sony DVD Media.

Regards,

Craig
    Ahead Software
    USA

7. ftd

ftd Member

Hi Ftd,

Hi I will try to answer your questions and update my Status - which is good news.
    >In your posting on Dec 9th, you indicate that Nero >Vision Express 3.0.1.14 works for you.

Yes -typo meant older 3.0.1.4 worked better but see below

>And in your last Email, what recorder are you using >that gets the RunTime error with the Generic media? >Is that the Plextor 708 or the Plextor 712?
    All testing mentioned was with 708A. I can reproduce and explain a few other of the other symptoms people have reported.

>Regards,

>Craig
    >Ahead Software
    USA>

708A - testing with previous nero version showed that Generic (princo) DVD-R media failed on a 700MB divx file, but same media worked for a 30min., 2GB dv-avi file. All other media worked. I then upgraded to latest Nero release and got same results. This is different result from what I first reported, as originaly different media failed! So now 90% of my + and - media work and I know when I can use the princo.

712A - Note: I set region code for drive as I noticed none was set. Using latest Nero release with no changes from what had failed before. Every thing works!!! I can't even make the PRINCO media fail on the 712A. And it is fast, 11 minutes total to copy and write a 1 1/2 hour DVD and some of that time was me changing the media. Seems to be running just over 8X on 4x media.

The failure mode that I reported with the visual C++ error has been reported by others. I noticed that if I waited the message would close and Nero would exit back to the main window as if nothing had happened. So maybe when people say that nero just quit was no indication, they just didn't notice the error popup.
    Log indicates that it had trouble finding the book-type amoung other things. On a copy it says "assuming book type DVD-ROM", so maybe copies work because book-type is assumed?

So other then a run of 15 coasters (w. different media types), everything is working and I can burn DVD on my 712A without worrying about failures no matter what media I use. The 708A works fine just need to be careful with DVD-R media.

Hope this can help some one else.

Frank

8. aut0psy

aut0psy Regular member

I am currently using Nero Reloaded 6.6.0.3 and burning Ritek G04 media without a single issue. Every burn is a good one!

Just as an F.Y.I

I am also using an LG-4120B writer.