1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nero 6.6.1.15

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by donewell, Mar 13, 2007.

1. donewell

donewell Regular member

Okay, I'm about to learn something new,I hope! What is this checksum you guys are talking about? what is it for , and how do you do it?

2. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

The checksum is to validate that you got a good, complete download - nothing corrupt.
    The checksum # is listed on the download page. For Nero 6 when you click 'update package 1' you'll see it under file size.
    The md5 checksum is also a hyperlink that will take you to a page to download the checksum utility with instructions.
    Pretty easy.
    Hope this helps.

3. donewell

donewell Regular member

binkie7
    See i did learn something!! I will give it a try> Thank You very much

4. binkie7

You're welcome donewell

I'll probably do it myself when I download 6.6.1.5a. (txs for that heads up btw!)

5. donewell

donewell Regular member

binkie7
    I have updated to 6.6.1.15a now when i put a dvd in and the list comes up and asks me what i what to do , it does not give me the option to play with showtime. Only asks if i want to play with wind. media, view files or take no action. Any Ideas??

6. binkie7

Sounds like you might have unchecked an option doing the install.

But no worries here's 2 ways to have Nero Showtime play them.

Right on one of the files types you want Showtime to play. Pick 'open with' then 'choose program'. Showtime will probably be listed on 'other programs'. Pick that then if you like check 'always use the selected program to open this kind of file'.

If you want to check multiple files for Showtime to play you can do the above for each file you have or go to 'my computer. Right click on you drive that you play them with and go to properties. Pick 'auto play'.
    Pick the content type in the drop down like 'dvd movie', 'music cd' etc.
    Then pick Showtime.

7. donewell

donewell Regular member

The dvd vob files on my hard drive have the showtime icon and when i double click on them they open in showtime. But the properties of my drive autoplay does not show the option for showtime, just media,open files, dvddecryipter, or take no action

8. donewell

donewell Regular member

binkie7
    None of the things you sugested would work. so i just reinstalled the digital 3.1.0.21 update 2 over top of itself, and alls well now.
    I had only installed the new 6.6.1.15a update 1 over top of itself, as it was the only thing updated.
    Must have been one of my cleaners that took something out it shouldn't have.
    THANKS FOR YOUR help

9. binkie7

You're welcome donewell though I learned something new today from your post.
    Txs for posting back what did the trick for you.

10. ironD

ironD Guest

I don't know about anyone else but I have 6.6.1.4 and 3.1.2.5 and have since....well it's been some time. Just something to think about Blinkie, you know as well as I do that companies don't do anything for free.
    D

11. binkie7

So very true ironD
    I used 6.6.1.4 for awhile - no problems - just the autoburn with Shrink broken so that's the only reason I went back down to 6.6.0.18.
    But now it's back on 6.6.1.5.