1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero 6.6.5_ where is Recode2..?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by fab5_dv, Jan 13, 2005.

1. fab5_dv

fab5_dv Guest

I updated Nero last night to 6.6.5 (from 6.6.3), except for Nero Express 3 leaving it at 3.0.14 due to the problems I heard with the newer 3.0.18 and Recode2. I also uninstalled InCd, -based on the forums reviews. Then I thought I'd experiment with the newest version of Recode2 to do some (newbie)comparrisons.. However, the Recode2 Icon doesn't come up.. In programs it's not there either.. I thought it was a part of Vision Express 2 and up. I can find Recode2 by seaching the system, but when I open it, it says my licence doesn't suppot this application.. Huh..? Is there a separate vesion of Nero 6.6.5.. I'm confused.. Is the newest version of Recode2 even worth experimenting with..? Please help..-Dv

2. larrylje

larrylje Active member

did you get your copy with a burrning ROM? if so its probbaly an OEM version and wont let you use it cause I think its Nero 6 Ultra that gives you a full access to everything

3. gkczuba

gkczuba Guest

I received a Sony internal DVD burner (DRU-710A) for Christmas, and I am trying to learn how to use it. I've been having some problems with Nero freezing up while trying to burn slideshows on DVD's, and thought I should start at the very beginning. I'm running WinXP w/sp2, Pentium 4 @ 1.6G, and have a 120G hard drive with lots of space. I increased the memory from 256 to 512 after getting an error message that "windows virtual memory was too low". I've also tried turning off as much as I know how (networking, Norton, printer & etc.) while trying to burn the disk, but still have problems with freezing. After installing the burner, which works fine (did a test from Sony), I installed the Nero software. The software that came with the burner is:

Nero Software Suite
    Nero Burning ROM 6.6.0.3
    Nero StartSmart 2.0.0.4
    NeroVision 3.0.1.14
    Nero ShowTime 2.0.0.18
    Nero Recode2 2.2.6.1
    Cover Designer 2.3.0.18
    Nero BackItUp Application 1.2.0.33

Then I went to Nero's website to check for updates. I'm a little confused about the version(s) of Nero that came with the burner, but I downloaded 6 updates, which I thought should be right and installed them. First of all, I want to make sure I have the right updates. Can someone advise me what version(s) of Nero I should be running after installing the correct updates, or if I should even install them? Thanks ~ Kathy

4. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Are you still getting vertual memory to low error? you can change the sixe of virtual memory by

right clicking on your my computer icon.
    Slide down the pop up menu and click on properties

Then click the Advance tab in that list, click on the setting button in the catigory performance.

Click on the advance tab in that property box and at the bottem of the page it says virtual memory and will let you increase it.

5. gkczuba

gkczuba Guest

Thank you for your response. What would you recommend I reset the settings to, and should I leave them as the default or only use the manual settings when trying to burn with Nero? By the way, I originally posted my question as a reply, so I am going to repost my question as a new thread. Thank you. Kathy

6. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

7. gkczuba

gkczuba Guest

I apologize - my mistake. Won't happen again. Thank you. Kathy