1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero 6.6 Problems - no VIDEO_TS

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by jphilli1, Oct 30, 2004.

1. jphilli1

jphilli1 Member

I'm using the latest Nero Express (6.6) to burn a DVD. The new version doesn't have AUDIO_TS & VIDEO_TS directories anymore. Is this intentional or accidental? My DVD player seems to need these directories to work properly...I can play the new DVD on my computer but not on my DVD player.
    Nero won't let me add these folders, though. If I right click there's a create folder option, but it doesn't work. Can anybody help? Is this a bug?

thanks,

2. Biosgain

Biosgain Guest

So if you go to burn a film dvd (via the data route) you can`t drag`n`drop a AUDIO_TS folder along with the VIDEO_TS folder into the browser window?
    Your saying it won`t allow this?

Standalones need the AUDIO_TS folder to play the film.

3. jphilli1

jphilli1 Member

correct. If I drag a drag both Video_ts and Audio_ts into nero, the files from the video_ts directory are added but not the directories themselves.

If I deag just the audio_ts folder, Nero comes back with a 'no compatible file found' error.

4. bigorange

bigorange Active member

jphilli1,

The new nero Reloaded does not have the video/audio_TS folders.

You are using burn express? Open express, click on DVD video files, click on "ADD", browse to your file folder and click and drag the ENTIRE folder into the burn express window. It will automatically pick the files it needs and show you the size with a blue line.

Click on next, set your burn speed and no. of copies, select your burner, hit burn, Done :>)
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG][bold]GO VOLS![/bold].Dell Media4600,XP,Pentium 4 @2.80GHz/800Mz,1024MB,280HDw/8MB,17"flat panel,AIO-A920,8xDVD-ROM,integrated5.1 audio,HPdc4000,PlextorPX-708UF,LiteOn832S-DL[/small]

Last edited: Oct 30, 2004
  5. bigorange

bigorange Active member

BTW, I just burned 3 movies out of RB/CCE using this method and it worked perfectly :>)

6. jphilli1

jphilli1 Member

Some DVD players seem to have problems if the directories aren't there, though. The video plays fine on my dvd player but the sound is missing. ON the computer, everything works.

7. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Did you do it like i described above? What is your DVD player?

BTW, i just bought the Philips DVP 642 and it plays all formats including Divx and mpeg. It's bios can be upgraded from a DL on CD from the net. It only costs 65.00 at WalMart and I've yet to see anything it won't play with NO problems :>)